cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I brought the subject of customer service up back in 2012 when I received some poor, in my opinion, service. It's reassuring to see that in 2014 nothing's changed.

I have four contracts with O2 and I think now is the time to take my business elsewhere. I ordered a new phone yesterday to be told it would be delivered today. At 8pm last night I got a text message to say that the phone was out of stock and that they would let me know when it was back. I decided to log into myo2 tonight to see if there was an update. There was. Without any form of notification from them they have camcelled my order. I rang this evening to ask why. Unbelievably no one can tell me why it's been cancelled. To reorder the phone I have to go through the whole application again. I did it yesterday and it took me best part of 45 minutes. I appreciate this is a legal requirement but I did do it yesterday and it isn't me whose cancelled the order. I politely said to the lady on the phone that I wasn't prepared to do it again and I appreciate it wasn't her fault.

I've been a customer for 20 years+. The saying that springs to mind is "absence makes the heart grow fonder". After all these years it's time I feel to say goodbye. In a business which I accept is fickle, it would be nice to think that such a long standing customer may be made to feel important.

Goodbye O2. As Big Chris said in Lock Stock "It's been emotional".

PS. At the time of finishing this post I still haven't had notification from O2 they've cancelled my order.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it was an iPhone I ordered from them.

I think what I am most annoyed about is the complete lack of communication from them. They still haven't actually notified me that my order has been cancelled. Likewise, I am awaiting a refund of the monies that I paid them.

Does anyone have any experience of the 3 network? They seem to have a very good SIM only offer of £25 per month with unlimited calls, texts and data. It will also work in the US and abroad and simply taken from your allowance. This sounds quite good but I have no experiece of 3. Perhaps I will take a suggestion made in this thread and buy a PAYG SIM on 3 to see how their network works for me before committing to a longer contract.

Message 11 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  I think this all depends on the area you live in if honest? Three is well known for getting the best coverage in my area...but it may be completely different where you are.

Yes they do work abroad as you say and everything is taken from your allowance.

I would suggest that you get a PAYG sim and see how you get on with 3 before you commit to a long contract.

Hope all goes well for you...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Cleoriff I am going to try the PAYG SIM option and see how 3 works for me.

I like the fact that the 3 tariff lets you use your phone abroad and simply takes it from your allowance. Also like the option of unlimited data.

Message 13 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

I believe @MI5 uses Three on one of his devices. Perhaps he can give you some info. I'm also toying with switching to Three. Just been lazy and haven't gotten around to it yet. As @Cleoriff suggests, it's a good idea to try it out first before committing to a contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yes, indeed, I have a Three sim in my tablet with unlimited data and tbh it works great for what I need. The most demanding work it gets to do is stream Sky Sports when I'm away from home which it handles no problem with a good enough signal and speed in the places I visit slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Gubsy,

Sorry to hear about this. Have you had a cancellation notification yet?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MI5 thanks. I'm definitely going to give 3 a go. Trial it firsy on a PAYG and take it from there.

@Toby No, I've not had a cancellation notice yet. If I hadn't rung o2 myself when I saw it had changed online I'd still be none the wiser.

Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Toby No, I've not had a cancellation notice yet. If I hadn't rung o2 myself when I saw it had changed online I'd still be none the wiser.

Message 18 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @MI5 @Anonymous @Cleoriff As suggested by you all I have now ordered a PAYG SIM for the 3 network to test their coverage. If good, I'll move all my o2 accounts.

Loyalty is a two way street. I've given it for over 20 years to o2 let's see how much they care and if they respond in any way with a gesture. If not it's tatty bye with me and my 4 accounts.

Message 19 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Loyalty is a two way street. I've given it for over 20 years to o2 let's see how much they care and if they respond in any way with a gesture. If not it's tatty bye with me and my 4 accounts.

We wouldn't want to see anyone leave but I don't believe there is any "loyalty" in some businesses these days.

Contracts are fulfilled by both parties and the customer then chooses to stay or go and the cycle starts over.

It's unfortunate, but it seems the way it is with certain companies.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 26