cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Satisfaction - Which? UK Survey puts MVNOs top the chart!

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35916 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

The "Big Four" mobile network operators (MNOs) are at the bottom of the list, unsurprising given the market share they have compared to MVNOs (see the chart further down from early-2018).

So who you gonna talk to? And with whom? 

20**Personal info** 13_17_07-which_mobile_networks_survey_2019.png (714×592).png

20**Personal info** 13_25_52-• UK_ Mobile network market share 2018 _ Statista.png

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I'm pretty poor at maths (with the exception of medicinal mathmatics lol).

However, how did Giffgaff with16/20 stars, score higher than Utility Warehouse with 18/20 stars?

I wonder what algorithm was used Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

well spotted @Cleoriff 

10/1 Crazy LOL

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35916 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

Must be because it's a WRP, a "Which? Recommended Provider", @Cleoriff .

Here's the breakdown of MNO used by each of the MVNOs, if it helps:

20**Personal info** 17_15_05-Best And Worst UK Mobile Networks 2019_ GiffGaff, EE, O2, Vodafone And More - Wh.png

Original article here:

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phone-providers/article/best-mobile-networks-overview

Message 4 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144302 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Tesco got 17 stars too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Tesco got 17 stars too.

We’ll have less of that talk, if you don’t mind  Smiley Indifferent

All scores have been verified by Diane Abbott, no less.  wink

Actually, the maths is quite simple, but the star ratings don’t reflect the overall customer satisfaction score. giffgaff’s 16/20 should have given them a score of 80%, but they’ve actually received 87%. As has been pointed out, Utility Warehouse should (on the face of it) be the clear winners, but their 18/20 (i.e. 90%) has only earned them 81%.

The table notes do offer the following clarification, which might shed some light on their thinking:

Customer score combines overall satisfaction and likelihood to recommend.

And that particular data isn’t presented on the table itself.

If you weren’t already doing so, I’d suggest that you take the results of this poll with a large pinch of salt wink

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If you weren’t already doing so, I’d suggest that you take the results of this poll with a large pinch of salt wink

I have taken my pinch of salt @Anonymous  as despite what the graph/survey? shows, I'm sticking with O2 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not moving from O2 either ... ... ... well convenient for me all round

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff 

I’ve been with EE for a couple of years now, and I can’t speak highly enough of them. But clearly, I’m in a minority thinking

I’m sure O2 would be concerned about their low ranking in this latest poll, because traditionally they’ve always been winning these kind of awards. 

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff 

I’ve been with EE for a couple of years now, and I can’t speak highly enough of them. But clearly, I’m in a minority thinking

I’m sure O2 would be concerned about their low ranking in this latest poll, because traditionally they’ve always been winning these kind of awards. 

O2 just don't seem to care anymore what-so-ever @Anonymous  ... but ... there is an O2 store in Skipton, where I live & the staff, barring the Saturday student ones, are always very helpful ... I only go into the store now during the week to see Stavros, long time manager of the store, & his excellent staff 

No forgetting the help I get here on The O2 community

Message 10 of 15