cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Satisfaction - Which? UK Survey puts MVNOs top the chart!

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

The "Big Four" mobile network operators (MNOs) are at the bottom of the list, unsurprising given the market share they have compared to MVNOs (see the chart further down from early-2018).

So who you gonna talk to? And with whom? 

20**Personal info** 13_17_07-which_mobile_networks_survey_2019.png (714×592).png

20**Personal info** 13_25_52-• UK_ Mobile network market share 2018 _ Statista.png

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff 

I’ve been with EE for a couple of years now, and I can’t speak highly enough of them. But clearly, I’m in a minority thinking

I’m sure O2 would be concerned about their low ranking in this latest poll, because traditionally they’ve always been winning these kind of awards. 

Not so @Anonymous I have family and friends on EE and they rate it highly. It all depends where you live I suspect.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there are a number of factors that can skew the results of customer satisfaction polls, and this latest poll isn’t necessarily comparing like for like. If you want to complain to giffgaff, then you have to submit it in writing, whereas the main networks all have call centres. Fewer complaints doesn’t necessarily mean higher levels of customer satisfaction, as unhappy customers may just be voting with their feet. 

In terms of reliability and performance, I always find RootMetrics to be a useful website.

Message 12 of 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

In terms of reliability and performance, I always find RootMetrics to be a useful website.

Good site, @Anonymous  - love the idea of collecting measurements from an app on the consumer's phone (a bit like SamKnows does/did for broadband speeds across the UK).

Have you contributed to the site through their app?

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn 

Yes, I am using their app, although I only downloaded it because EE were investigating an ongoing issue that I’d been having with WiFi calling. They wanted to know what kind of broadband speeds I was getting, and RootMetrics is the only app that they trust. 

It’s an interesting app to play around with, and is so much more than just a speed tester. 

Message 14 of 15

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

There are other factors to consider here, not least demographics - for instance both giffgaff and Three appeal to the younger end of the market, and they are far more tolerant of poor customer service than older people, because they've known nothing else

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 15 of 15