Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Referral Team: o2 ruined my mortgage application

Emma1977
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HELP! We recently applied for a mortage which got turned down due to an o2 default payment which I knew nothing about.

After running a credit check it turns out a final bill was sent to my sons email address despite after speaking to an advisor and paying off what I thought was a final payment only 2 days earlier (his mobile contract but under my name). Not once once did we recieve any further correspondance from o2 and it only transpires 10 months later with my application being turned down. I have emailed Credit Referral Team, not even had a confirmation that its been recieved. How long am I expected to wait to try and sort this out? Its literally making my chronic pain condition so much worse

I feel so let down by o2 having the whole family been with their network for the last 15 years to find a £10 outstanding payment is going to ruin my chances of purchasing our new home despite already already having a mortgage and never running up any debt ever in my life. 

Please can anybody advise on whether youve had confirmation and how long did it take to get a response.

Many thanks 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Emma1977 

I'll ask @O2Emma to see if she can help at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Emma1977
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.  appreciate it. xXX

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Best of luck @Emma1977 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Emma1977

It can take a while for any defaults to be removed from your credit reports, it can take upto 3 months for the Credit Reporting Agencies to update from when o2 tell them.

You ask each CRA to put a note on your report to tell anyone running a credit check that there is a outstanding query.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 8

Emma1977
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, thank you for your response. That's what I'm worried about. How to move forward when your concern hasn't even been acknowledged yet. The system is so frustrating. I can only hope that o2 will acknowledge that the error does not sit solely with myself and agree to remove the poor credit rating. I have never been so stressed out about £10 ever in my life. Such a small amount and yet the impact is huge. Again thank you for making me aware of the note they can put on my file, that's if they agree to it. xXx

@madasaf1sh wrote:
@Emma1977

It can take a while for any defaults to be removed from your credit reports, it can take upto 3 months for the Credit Reporting Agencies to update from when o2 tell them.

You ask each CRA to put a note on your report to tell anyone running a credit check that there is a outstanding query.

Message 6 of 8

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions
@MI5 Emma1977 has private messaged me will need to continue convo tmr as finishing time been long day lol
signature
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Thanks for helping @O2Emma slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8