Did you mean: 

Credit File wrongly shows default leading to mortgage getting rejected

Ragamuffin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My wife had bought a phone on loan from O2 in Apr 2017 and within the cooling off period paid the balance owed to O2 and bought the phone outright. Later she observed the monthly fees being debited from her account. She contacted O2 service centre who owned to the mistake and credited the account immediately. 

Cut to Sep 2019, we apply for mortgage for our dream house and get rejected. the reason being my wife's credit report shows £10 owed to O2 since Jun 2017. We have contacted O2 support centre and they have confirmed that there is no record of any outstanding. However to get the issue recetified have asked us to contact creditfilereferrals@o2.com. We have dropped a note to the team yesterday and received auto response that we will get response in 3 working days.

Based on feedback, seems like it is going to take some time to get the issue recetified. I will be grateful if some one from the community can help in expediting review of my wife's case. I can PM the details. Looking forward to support from the community. Thanks!

Regards,

VB

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Yes well done @Martin-O2 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks guys! slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 16

Ragamuffin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2 for your prompt response and support in this matter. 

Message 14 of 16

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I hope all goes well now with your mortgage and you have a new home shortly slight_smile

Message 15 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem at all @Ragamuffin! Happy to help. If anything else comes up give us a shout. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 16 of 16