Did you mean: 

Credit Card Charge From O2 - Not Mine!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a credit card transaction on my Mastercard bill for
"O2UK LTD Prepay SLOUGH £30.00"

This is not mine.

My card company say I need a written statement of the details relating to this transaction from O2 which I must send to them.

Can anyone tell me how I can get this from O2?

Thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
If the transaction isnt yours, then you need to tell your bank that some one has made a fraud claim against your account.

They normaly send you a fraud claim form and ask you to fill it in. They will put a hold on the transaction and find out for you.

I would also contact o2 direct and speak to there customer care. Tell them of the fraudlent claim and give them the transaction number that apears on the bill.

They will do there own check.

If you have never used your card for anything at o2, then your card could have been cloned. Again your bank will need to sort this out and should put a stop on the current card.

I hope the above helps and good luck
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 9

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Just beat you to it sheepdog wink

But sheepdog is totaly correct.

The bank has to sort it out.

Ive has a fraud claim agaisnt 1 of my credit cards a few years ago. I contacted may bank and they were fantastic.

I got the money back in a couple of weeks, the put the money on the credit card as hold and dont charge you any interest. The bank kept me upto date and i got a new card and pin out with in a week.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys. The card co want O2 to write to them with the details, not me provide them...

I will call them again in the morning.

Thanks!
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago. o2 were useless!! I had to keep chasing them to find out what was happening. In the end I had to cancel my card and the bank sorted it out and I had a refund very quickly.

I think o2 should be looking into this as I've heard it's becoming a common fraud problem.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is what comes up on my statement every time I top up my daughters o2 phone using my credit card - so someone has obviously used your card to top up an o2 mobile!

The bank should sort it out though if it wasnt you
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Prepay Slough always refers to pay and go top ups - anyone in your household on pay and go? I would have a friendly chat with them first. If not, there is a department you can be asked to be transferred to who deal with unauthorised transactions. I do find it odd how unhelpful your bank sound.

Something similar happened to me only my brother had borrowed my card to top up and I'd forgotten I'd lent it to him. How embarassing for me after insisting no-one I knew had used my card!

Hope this helps
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are fully aware of these fraudulent transactions and have been for years, the following site explains all: SPAM LINK REMOVED

Oh no not another spam link of yours! You really love that site dont you! grin
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
See viewtopic.php?p=72913 for more info on this issue. grin
Message 9 of 9