Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crappy Signal - What can I do?

Mandi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For months now I've had a dodgy signal at home.

Phone calls either randomly drop out, sound robotic or like it's underwater. 

Texts rarely go through first time, I have to click 'resend' more often than not.

Data is practically non-existent. I've downloaded the O2 "My Network" app and when I open it without WiFi I'm greeted with "you're not connected to the internet". When I try to run the Speed test, all tests fail. The Web test takes ~5 minutes and doesn't load any pages at all. The Video test never loads anything.

I know we had "a mast down in the area" from September 2017; I was informed that it was "fixed" in November 2018. Yet my issues are still there.

I've tried the SIM in another phone - problem persists.

I've tried another O2 SIM in both phones - problem persists.

I've tried a Vodafone SIM in both phones - no problems.

I've submitted an issue to O2 at least 6 times since being told the mast was fixed, and just keep getting told there's no problem in my area.

I tried to go on Live Chat, but it's just stuck at "We're just checking to see if there's an available agent.".

I'm annoyed, frustrated and want to leave O2 because they're certainly not delivering a useable service to me, but they told me last month that if I want to cancel my contract it'll cost me £100+, completely ignoring the fact I can't use my damn phone!

Can anyone give me any advice or give me something else to try so i can stop throwing money away?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Mandi It sounds like a mast may have been decommissioned. 

I'd suggest you lodge a complaint with Resolver https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Mandi If Vodafone works where you are, then that's the network you should be on. I'm not trying to make light of your situation, but £100 isn't worth all the aggravation, is it? Switch providers and be done with it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Mandi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice MI5; I was considering it but wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do. I've gone ahead anyway, worst they can do is tell me to get lost, right? laughing

To be perfectly honest Bambino, if I could afford to drop that amount of cash in one go I'd have done it already.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Mandi wrote:

Thanks for the advice MI5; I was considering it but wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do. I've gone ahead anyway, worst they can do is tell me to get lost, right? laughing

No harm in it at all @Mandi 

Keep the pressure on them to resolve it for you, one way or another.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Mandi wrote:

To be perfectly honest Bambino, if I could afford to drop that amount of cash in one go I'd have done it already.

No problem @Mandi. I didn't know your financial situation and thought that might just be the push you needed. I doubt you'll get much satisfaction out of complaining, except maybe a goodwill gesture of a crumb or two. That won't help you getting a better signal. Good luck anyway.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6