Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could O2 do more to reward loyalty?

CamR01
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone else feel taken for granted and undervalued? And that the customer perks are a waste of space? I've been with o2 twelve years and though the service is good, all they've given me is an early upgrade once when my phone dropped in the washing up.

I'd move but my credit rating is less than A1, if you get my drift...

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Customer loyalty unfortunately is a thing long past.

O2 operate a fair deal policy where both new and existing customers are supposed to get the same deals.

If you can get better elsewhere with the same level or better coverage then it's your choice.
Message 2 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@CamR01 wrote:

Does anyone else feel taken for granted and undervalued? And that the customer perks are a waste of space? I've been with o2 twelve years and though the service is good, all they've given me is an early upgrade once when my phone dropped in the washing up.

I'd move but my credit rating is less than A1, if you get my drift...

O2 do occassionally reward customer loyalty. It's luck of the draw these days, though. You can read what @jonsie has to say in this thread:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Easy-Upgrade/m-p/846214

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
@CamR01

Can I ask what's happened to provoke you to post.

Have you asked for a deal and been declined for example ?
Message 4 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144367 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
O2 is now supposed to operate a fair deal for all which is supposed to me that all customers, new or old, get the same offers and deals.
I know you can get some good deals from retentions if you go through to them with a view to leaving though as seen by one of our regulars earlier and I too was given £150 to stay recently when asking for my PAC to leave.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Funnily enough Martin Lewis was talking about this very subject today on TV.

He gave examples of all networks and what his research team managed to get from them all as a loyalty bonus for staying.

I didn't hear all the deals but I know his opening statement was that every network offered some type of bonus.

I think it's down to persistence...and knowing what 'buttons to press' 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 16

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Two things you need to be prepared to do. First if you aren't happy with the initial offer or lack of, call back and speak to someone else. Secondly,  be prepared to walk away if no offer is forthcoming. I was indifferent as to stay or leave but in the end the deal I was offered was incentive enough to stay with them.

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes

i feel unrewarded.

I have a monthly contract phone and on it 600 minutes.

It is not enough minutes for me and each month I get charged £30 to £165 extra.

I probably need a reveiw of the account, but as no one wants me I will wait till the account runs out in Dec 2015 and take my business elswhere.

Can I get to talk to someone?

No. tried all the numbers wait endlessly.

Very tired of poor service

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe take a look in your http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 to see if an alternative tariff is available for you.
Message 9 of 16

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes

i feel unrewarded.

I have a monthly contract phone and on it 600 minutes.

It is not enough minutes for me and each month I get charged £30 to £165 extra.

I probably need a reveiw of the account, but as no one wants me I will wait till the account runs out in Dec 2015 and take my business elswhere.

I had exactly the same problem regarding minutes a year back,

Rang customer service and pressed the billing and payments bit to speak to someone.

Had a bit of a chat about it and asked them to increase the minutes and texts to a higher rate.

They put me on the unlimited tariff from the 600 no problems, 

Your best bet is to call for a personal talk about it, or, as said, see what myo2 has in the way of tariff increases under the "my tariff and allowances" section (top block right hand side)

Message 10 of 16