cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else having this issue? I'm in London. There is a message on 02 customer service number stating they are having issues and working to resolve ASAP.
Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know on Twitter o2 states that the problem has been fixed. But where I am (Bamber Bridge) I am still having problems with internet and calls.

At work I always had a signal although weak. Now I regularly get no service and "Could not activate cellular data network" errors.

So in my opinion the network is not operating as prior to the server room fire.
Message 21 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
Found this on another forum... I've just changed the Cellular Data Network setting as stated, and I'm back in business...

"Hi, just had the same problem after installing 3.0 on my 3 G iphone "Could not activate cellular data: You are not subscribed to a cellular data service." So I phoned up O2 and they advised the to change the two APN's by entering the following.
Go into General > General> Cellular Data Network > APN and enter mobile.o2.co.uk .
Go into General > General> MMS > APN and enter wap.o2.co.uk
Both APN were previously idata.02.co.uk which was right for previous OS."
Message 22 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes down once again in London too. Also I note that parts of the O2 website are not accessible due to 'Maintenance'.

Will O2 please post updates to this forum as some of us are not able to access Twitter!

(At what point did it become acceptable / preferrable to update customers via twitter and not via the O2 website?)
Message 23 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I get O2 on Twitter? :robotindifferent:
Message 24 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
I must admit the information on this is terrible.

My APN info is: payandgo.o2.co.uk, is this correct for pay and go customers?
Message 25 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
The information available by O2 is worse than terrible. It's non-existent. Last week I found out about the issues via other customers on this forum and the BBC.

This week, when trying to navigate to the support section from the O2.co.uk website a message appears stating 'Sorry, this area of o2.co.uk isn't currently available'.

Great. Just when another issue seems to be taking out their Network, the support pages are not accessible. If I were a cynical man I'd suggest that might benefit O2 by limiting the number of people who find their way here and post disgruntled comments.
Message 26 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
I must admit the information on this is terrible.
My APN info is: payandgo.o2.co.uk, is this correct for pay and go customers?

Yeah, password is vertigo.
Message 27 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
The information available by O2 is worse than terrible. It's non-existent. Last week I found out about the issues via other customers on this forum and the BBC.
This week, when trying to navigate to the support section from the O2.co.uk website a message appears stating 'Sorry, this area of o2.co.uk isn't currently available'.
Great. Just when another issue seems to be taking out their Network, the support pages are not accessible. If I were a cynical man I'd suggest that might benefit O2 by limiting the number of people who find their way here and post disgruntled comments.

Of course, I don't know ANY other internet provider that doesn't at least have a working network status page. Can't you put it on another server that isn't brought down with everything else? Sheesh.
Message 28 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is classed as a "single point failure" and in this day and age is Ridiculous!
Message 29 of 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 30 of 74