Did you mean: 

Content in 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

The community team is busy behind the scenes preparing lots of fun and engaging content to share on the community in 2019 and we thought it would be a great opportunity to get your feedback on the sort of things you want to see. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 11.13.16.png

Would you like to hear more about O2's upcoming plans in 2019? Do you find the product launch post's helpful and would you like to see more content related to O2's products and services? What sort of off topic posts are you fond of? Do you prefer games or news topics or a mix of both? 

It would be great to hear your thoughts on this now as it will really help us shape the content schedule for 2019! 

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I agree with those who may want to change the layout. I don't agree with anything off topic being curtailed.

Off Topic is for everyone, should they wish to participate. (So it IS a forum for everyone!)

It's light relief and often amusing. I don't participate in all of it. I haven't got Netflix so ignore that and rarely post in 'What are you listening to now'. I'm also clueless when it comes to close up shots of things we have to guess.

Some of us who could answer the more technical questions are restricted by age, slow typing or whatever reason... so there is always someone who gets there first. I am unable to post a reply within 3 minutes of a post being made.

Currently, Off Topic is a bit of a lifeline for me...I enjoy the interaction with others and it keeps my brain active and functioning. It also allows new members to gently ease their way into the forum by joining in.

Change the way it appears in unread posts, if that's possible and what people want. Curtailing it isn't an option and shouldn't be considered. (in my opinion)

Edited to add....I will say that the Virtual Lounge was started initially for general chit chat and amusing anecdotes etc, so should be used more for that purpose.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 60

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I'm not saying it should be curtailed, far from it as it's there for everyone to enjoy. I do post in some off topic and enjoy the banter.

What I'm saying is that there should be some way of checking a box so that subjects can be stopped appearing at the top of unread posts.

Take the three quizzes that have been going the rounds for the past few months. A-Z has been done to death now, all the posts have appeared multiple times. It's time those were closed down now and if members choose to start something new then I have no problem at all with that. I just want some way of stopping two pages appearing on my timeline. It's the same 4 or 5 members keeping them going, surely others must be sick at the sight of them now.

iI'm not having a go at anyone here. This is only my personal view and just a suggestion as requested in the opening post. Off topic works for the pleasure of everyone but I'm merely putting forward my own preference.

Message 42 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie

I do agree those 3 A-Z quizzes have been done to death. It's time for something new. (Though I'm not up for starting anything wink)

I am just defending Off Topic in general. I know from past experience of being here, there has been much debate in the past about the usefulness (or not) of Off Topic.

Some people have made no secret of the fact they would like Off Topic to disappear. It has been discussed here and another forum I belong to.

I don't want it gone for the reasons given in my previous post.

If the powers that be can look at ways of ticking a box if you don't want to participate then that would be fine.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 60

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I'm not holding my breath as Lithium can't even fix the problem whereby read posts are still showing as unread on an almost daily basis.

Message 44 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm not holding my breath as Lithium can't even fix the problem whereby read posts are still showing as unread on an almost daily basis.

True....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well if we can have a button to turn off the off topic section then why can't we have a button that turns off all the rest? (Or each individual forum)
I'm not here to add to the knowledge base, I'm here because I've found a place where the people are friendly and the banter is good. This could be a forum about anything and I'd still be here as long as the people are!
Message 46 of 60

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Well if we can have a button to turn off the off topic section then why can't we have a button that turns off all the rest? (Or each individual forum)
I'm not here to add to the knowledge base, I'm here because I've found a place where the people are friendly and the banter is good. This could be a forum about anything and I'd still be here as long as the people are!

I couldn't agree more @Anonymous

The people on here dragged me up out of a very dark hole and I'm not saying I wouldn't contribute to off topic, far from it. What I'm saying is that I want to be able to control what I see in off topic If there is a thread I like then all to the good but these A-Z quizzes are a prime example of what I don't want to see or join in. They are way past their sell-by date and are revived at tea time when folks get home from work or later at night when the community is quiet.

My whole point is that you have to open the thread to get rid of it when it's a real turn-off for me.

Message 47 of 60

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I've read your comments about the 3 A-Z games and couldn't agree more. It's time they were closed. As 2 of them are mine, I'm closing them down now. 

I wil PM Anna asking her permission to close down  thr A-Z Music game.

I have a few ideas about new games, which will be A-Z as they are the easiest for everyone to get involved in. I certainly agree there should be an opt out button so they don't keep appearing in your unread posts if you have no interest in participating in them. But as @jonsie pointed out the unread posts problem we've all complained about still has yet to be sorted, so whether this can be done and more importantly how soon, if ever, is debateable.

Anyway, I'll not be setting up any new games for a while to give everyone, including me, a breather.

I also agree with @Cleoriff that the Virtual Lounge should be used more. Perhaps it should be thought of first before new Off Topic threads are set up, that are perhaps of interest to only one or two people. Just a thought.

Ignore everything I just said about closing the games. They stay open!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 48 of 60

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

You make a good point @Anonymous but that's what the Off Topic section is for good banter and a coming together of people for friendly chats etc 

This forum is also designed to help people with problems with their tech, their phones, tablets, new products and so on. You may not be jnterested in adding to the knowledge base, that's fine. But other people need help and they should be able to come here and get it, particularly when they've let down by Live Chat and/or Customer Services. 

That should never change. And I speak as someone who has needed help on more than one occasion.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 49 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't say that should change, but if they're making on / off buttons then all the forums should have one.
Message 50 of 60