Did you mean: 

Content in 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

The community team is busy behind the scenes preparing lots of fun and engaging content to share on the community in 2019 and we thought it would be a great opportunity to get your feedback on the sort of things you want to see. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 11.13.16.png

Would you like to hear more about O2's upcoming plans in 2019? Do you find the product launch post's helpful and would you like to see more content related to O2's products and services? What sort of off topic posts are you fond of? Do you prefer games or news topics or a mix of both? 

It would be great to hear your thoughts on this now as it will really help us shape the content schedule for 2019! 

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2

Yes I do think the product launch info is extremely helpful and we should also be updated on O2's other products and services.

I do think the community is changing a lot. Managers (with the help of gurus) are now much more involved with problems, ie Unlocking, promotions etc etc. This has certainly reduced the amount of complaints made.

My biggest problem is getting Forum issues resolved.

1) The repeated unread posts which are actually read but wont disappear, drive me mad.

2) The How To guides which NEVER take you to the last thing posted. ensuring we have to work through 5 pages to get to the latest query.

(The way to stop this is to LOCK the guide after a week when folk have had chance to comment)

I think our managers shoud be pushing for the 2 step verification process to avoid the countless scams which O2 allow to happen

Finally Off Topic. I love it.

For the first year of posting I was 'unofficially' named the 'Queen Of Off Topic'....purely because I posted nowhere else wink

I have relinquished that title now...though do think Off Topic is an absolutely great way of encouraging new members to post and join in, thereby cementing their value in the Community.. Once they feel comfortable in Off Topic, they will 'spread their wings' and post in other sections.

That's all for now and hope my comments are useful.Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 60

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Morning @Martin-O2

I find product launch information very useful, particularly new phones, as I'm always interested to know what new phones are available and what they can do. Being updated on O2's other products and services would also be very helpful, as we often only find out about these when a query is raised, which is a bit late in the day to be honest.

I second @Cleoriff's comments about the two unresolved Forum issues, ie unread posts and How to Guides. Long running and causing us to waste time better spent helping to answer new members' queries.

I also agree that our managers should push for a 2-step verification system which would considerably reduce the number of queries and complaints from customers stung and out-of-pocket through these scammers.

I love Off Topic and the majority of my postings are there. And @Cleoriff is absolutely correct, posting in Off Topic as a newbie did give me confidence to 'spread my wings' and start replying to queries. A bit nervous at first, I admit but the more queries I answered, the less nervous I became. I still post quite a bit in Off Topic and particularly enjoy the games as they make me think and are, for me at least, a great aid to memory. But I'm now happy to post in other Boards as well. But I started and continue in Off Topic and long may it continue.

One final thing, customers still think they are speaking to O2 when they have a query or complaint. It's still not very clear that this is a community forum and not O2 or an outlet of Customer Services. I think this needs addressing, particularly with account queries and/or complaints.

Hope my comments have helped for what they're worth smile

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 60

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the feedback @Cleoriff@Glory1! This is really helpful and we'll feed your comments into our content plan for the year. 

We're going to continue with the product info in 2019 and will aim to expand that to as many areas as possible! 

For the forum issues you have raised valid points but I'd like to keep the discussion here on content so I'll drop you both a private message so we can go over that in more detail. wink

I'm really pleased you've both advocated for the off topic board! I think it's a super valuable area for members to unwind after dealing with help issues and I think you have a great point about newer members finding their confidence there before getting involved with some of the more difficult threads. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 60

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Off Topic board has been great for me as I've spent more time on here as there are plently of topics I've been able to contribute to, and it also allows you to start your own topics.

Due to my work, I don't always have time to spend going through the other sections, although I do browse them to see if there's anything I think I can help with., so I've not posted too much in these.

I agree that it needs to be made clear to new members that these are community forums and that grievances/issues with O2 itself should be directed to customer service, although people are welcome to ask for opinions if they are unsure.

Thanks

Steve
Message 5 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just here on the pull!
Message 6 of 60

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

There’s Tinder for that 😂😂

Message 7 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Best of luck with that @Anonymous LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 60

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to ask @Anonymous who are you hoping to pull?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to ask @Anonymous who are you hoping to pull?

My harem is full at the moment, but you'll know when I come after you 😘

Message 10 of 60