cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please tell me how I can make a complaint? I cannot find how to do this at all and it's really irritating!

Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the link with everything you need to know -

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Bus...

It can also be located by typing the word 'complaint' in the search box in the top right corner of the O2 website home page.

Is there anything we can help you with on the forum?

Message 2 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the link with everything you need to know -

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Bus...

It can also be located by typing the word 'complaint' in the search box in the top right corner of the O2 website home page.

Is there anything we can help you with on the forum?

Message 2 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is actually the problem as you may find quicker to get help here if we can

Message 3 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine isn't really a complaint but I guess it will be heading that way.

Easy question, is my contract legally binding?, Yes? that's what O2 tell me and that's what I always thought.

So tell me, just why does O2 have a problem with my contract? Could it be that they changed it to my 'Disadvantage' without telling me? Please read below for something O2 really doesn't want you to see 😉

8.4 You may end this Agreement at any time by giving us notice if:
(a) we break this Agreement in any way and we do not correct the situation within 7 days of your request;
(b) we go into liquidation or a Receiver is appointed over our assets; or
(c) we increase any of the Charges for the elements of the Service you are using or change this Agreement to your disadvantage. In this situation paragraph 8.3 will not apply.

8.3 If this Agreement is ended during the Minimum Period, you must pay the monthly subscription charges up to the end of the Minimum Period. This does not apply if you end the Agreement for the reasons in paragraph 8.4.

Don't keep looking at the what you see online and what O2 are so keen to cite, go see what the one you signed says, might be rather different.

Now I need to make it clear, the contract I signed does allow O2 to increase the prices within contract and change the 'Agreement' but if those changes are to you 'disadvantage', see below:

11. Changes to the Agreement
We may change this Agreement and the Charges at any time. If we increase the Charges for the elements of the Service you are using or change this Agreement to your disadvantage we will give you 30 days’ notice before the changes take place.

Well, my agreement changed and to date, they've still not told me. In fact, right now O2 is rejecting this contract telling me Tesco have given me the wrong one. Funny thing is, they still want to hold me to it which is fine by me, but on this one, they are actually right.

Whether they like it or not, they to have agree'd to this contract by taking my money and letting me onto their network.

Problem is, they refuse to accept the term in it. In fact, one advisor had the gall to say

"Do you really think a company as big as O2 would put this in a contract? Everyone would be leaving, we'd NEVER put that in a contract !!!!!!!" I guess he'll be losing his job then won't he as this REALLY is O2's contract. Just because you don't know something, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Amazingly, O2 can't pull up a copy of the contract I signed, in addition to not being able to prove I signed the one they keep citing (good luck with that O2;-)

Right now, I actually have a get-out clause under 8.4a and 8.4c as follows

8.4a X 2 Because:

a) O2 has failed to notify me of a change to my disadvantage and,

b) Because O2 is refusing to honour the terms of 8.4c

Actually, I guess with a little help, I could cite many more under 8.4a such as misselling, missrepresentation ... need I say more?

Right now, my full agreement is now in the hands of which and I'm trying to decide which tabloid I'll let run with this but I may well just leave it with Which who are currently having this legally confirmed before going public with it.

O2, my suggestion to you now is next time you refuse to honour your own 'Agreement', think very carefully just how difficult this seriously angered customer might be.

Think everything I've posted is this subject in full? If only. I will have a field day with everything call centre staff have said, they really have dug such a very big hole, might just be easier to dig a little deeper, then they can escape to the sourthern hemisphere, please don't come back !!

Message 4 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LogicalRobbie,

This is the third time you have posted this in its different varieties. So pack it in now.

So I guess you have got out of your contract then? No.

Well as you seem so convinced because you are a solicitor who specifically works in contractual law then go and get out of your contract and post the good news on here. 

Until then stop spamming the forum, its boring.

Message 5 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to make a complaint about the fact that I've been told that as of March my bill will be increased. I have, literally, just renewed my contract with O2 but, had I known they were going to increase it, I would have gone elsewhere. I don't think I'll be renewing with them again if they think this is acceptable. I'm furious!:manfrustrated:

Message 6 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to make a complaint about the fact that I've been told that as of March my bill will be increased. I have, literally, just renewed my contract with O2 but, had I known they were going to increase it, I would have gone elsewhere. I don't think I'll be renewing with them again if they think this is acceptable. I'm furious!:manfrustrated:

So do it.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Business%29,CASE=13668

Message 7 of 35

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

complain as much as you want about the inflation price rise but do have a good read of this page http://www.o2.co.uk/prices

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop spamming the forum, you can't get out of the contract just because you don't want to pay a little extra, if you want a phone without paying an increase go on pay as you go next time

Message 9 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? Or could it be that O2 thinks it is above thew law?

Not only happy to breach their own T's & C's but breach Ofcoms ruling too?

"Under current Ofcom rules communications providers are required to give customers a minimum of one month’s notice of any change to their contractual terms that is likely to be of 'material detriment' and customers must be able to withdraw from their contract penalty-free following such notice."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/9617369/Ofcom-to-clamp-down-on-mobile-phone-pric...

It is only a matter of time before O2 and other providers will be forced to concede.

This is not about consumers insisting mobile operators do not change their previously promised, fixed term prices, most of us are well aware they can change things to as per the Ofcom Ruling. It's about not being allowed to leave without penalty, without being held to the remainder of the contract. This is what the Ofcom Ruling is all about and it is what O2 says in many O2 contracts, at least the ones that O2 is dishing out via Tesco Phone Shops.

Now hear is the really big question, just how many of the people posting comments moaning about us whining are from the same O2 advisors who think that they and O2 are above the law? Now the'res a question 😉

Message 10 of 35