Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community web pages slow

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

When looking through Unread Posts, I'm finding the pages sluggish to load....only occurring on this website so don't go blaming my laptop wink

Most noticeable when there's a pageful of posts and the "unread" start near the bottom.

It's been like this since yesterday.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Still sluggish and sometimes pages will not load.

Message 21 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My problem over the last two days is nothing to do with web pages loading. It is purely my email notifications have stopped totally

I say totally...with one exception....the only emails I get are from Wanty's (great) Rolleys

In the past when this has happened there were periods of the day when they all flooded in together. Not happening now.

This is the only site I have this problem slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Whilst I'm having no problems with this site in general, I have to say it does take a long time to log in and load, much slower than any other forums but it has always been so since the change to Lithium.

Message 23 of 24

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I've done pings and traceroutes on this site's IP addy and nothing looks wrong.

I'm having no problems whatsoever on any other website so I can only conclude that O2 and/or Lithium must dislike an application that my laptop is running......but I've not added anything to cause the problem which only started very recently. Even graphics are slow loading eg some of the memes that have been posted, that's why I know it's this site because memes on another forum (not a Lithium one) load instantly.

I've also disabled everything I can think of that might cause a problem with no effect, like Ghostery, Adblock etc

If it was the Sky BB connection then a ping or traceroute would show something.......I'm baffled.

Message 24 of 24