Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community help band photo - does it upset you as much as it does me

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The photo of 3 (possibly) women in the O2 band width is proving too much for me.    Anyone else agree?

I used to be an amateur photographer in an Avant guarde Club but i see no merits in the photo,              Its putting me off using the site

• It doesnt convey friendliness in blue /grey/purple
  • Is totally blurred in all parts, even the interesting wool texture is done to death
  • It says nothing about the friendly help, enquiring questions, warmth on O2 site

Please some one pull the plug on this. Maybe an 02 er can provide something appropriate.???Feedback

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Whatever goes in the montage I have only ONE request. It MUST be half the size of the current one.

It's far too big and takes up unnecessary space. I don't log on here to gaze at a picture or a search box which isn't fit for purpose.....

OOoooo Ok heart_eyes

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 31 of 80

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Whatever goes in the montage I have only ONE request. It MUST be half the size of the current one.

It's far too big and takes up unnecessary space.....

Right on.... coz all good things come in little parcels wink

- yeh I know.... I`ll get me coat

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 32 of 80

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

It's far too big and takes up unnecessary space. I don't log on here to gaze at a picture or a search box which isn't fit for purpose.....

OOoooo Ok heart_eyes

Well it really is quite ridiculous @TallTrees.

A quarter of a page taken up with a picture. which means you have to keep scrolling to get to what you want.

To add 'insult to injury' we have the community search bar (over large) slapped in the middle of it.

Now making the search bar bigger, certainly doesn't make it better.

We have complained for years about the forum search bar. It really isn't fit for purpose. It rarely gives you the answer you want and would rather give you the answer it THINKS you want.

I would far rather use Google. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 80

Mi-Amigo
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@TallTrees wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

OOoooo Ok heart_eyes

Well it really is quite ridiculous @TallTrees.

A quarter of a page taken up with a picture. which means you have to keep scrolling to get to what you want.

To add 'insult to injury' we have the community search bar (over large) slapped in the middle of it.

Now making the search bar bigger, certainly doesn't make it better.

We have complained for years about the forum search bar. It really isn't fit for purpose. It rarely gives you the answer you want and would rather give you the answer it THINKS you want.

I would far rather use Google. wink

To be serious, I share your views @Cleoriff with regards the size but more importantly with the search box. From personal experience, I have found that the search box throws up too many posts which are not the answer to what is being searched for.

This could also affect how new members respond...

For example: a new member might consider starting a topic in "off topic", uses the search box to see if this has been used before - to avoid duplicating a previous thread - but with so many vague answers is put off, so we could well lose a new member.  

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 34 of 80

TallTrees
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

and there is a lot of scrolling to do actually agreed! @Cleoriff 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 35 of 80

TallTrees
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

No need for coat! agreed! @Mi-Amigo 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 36 of 80

TallTrees
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

I am getting the idea ~  a band about 28mm (1 inch) with a smaller search in the middle.  Small happy busy figures with their mobile phones, tablet, sitting at a bistro table with small pc ~ doesn't have to be real people ~ figures representing people ~ could even bring in a fox, bees and a cheetah JOKING! 

@Cleoriff 

@Mi-Amigo 

@Glory1 

@Anonymous 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 37 of 80

Mi-Amigo
  • 25158 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

I am getting the idea ~  a band about 28mm (1 inch) with a smaller search in the middle.  Small happy busy figures with their mobile phones, tablet, sitting at a bistro table with small pc ~ doesn't have to be real people ~ figures representing people ~ could even bring in a fox, bees and a cheetah JOKING! 

@Cleoriff 

@Mi-Amigo 

@Glory1 

@Anonymous 

mmm @TallTrees Sounds a bit like this....

mad-hatter.jpg

(I wanna be the dormouse wink

Who is Alice? The March Hare? The Mad Hatter?)

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 38 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TallTrees wrote:

@Cleoriff 

@Mi-Amigo 

@Glory1 

@Anonymous 

Yes, @TallTrees  ... I like it for one Bouncy

Message 39 of 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@TallTrees wrote:

@Cleoriff 

@Mi-Amigo 

@Glory1 

@Anonymous 

mmm @TallTrees Sounds a bit like this....

mad-hatter.jpg

(I wanna be the dormouse wink)

No @Mi-Amigo wink You can't ... because ... I wanna be the dormouse LOL

Message 40 of 80