Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community help band photo - does it upset you as much as it does me

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The photo of 3 (possibly) women in the O2 band width is proving too much for me.    Anyone else agree?

I used to be an amateur photographer in an Avant guarde Club but i see no merits in the photo,              Its putting me off using the site

• It doesnt convey friendliness in blue /grey/purple
  • Is totally blurred in all parts, even the interesting wool texture is done to death
  • It says nothing about the friendly help, enquiring questions, warmth on O2 site

Please some one pull the plug on this. Maybe an 02 er can provide something appropriate.???Feedback

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well frankly I agree with you @Jenny105. I think it's meant to be a man and a woman looking happy but it's so blurred I can't swear to it.

And like many of the other regulars I think it's too large in proportion to the space it's in.

Does it reflect the community and what it does, not really. But then I don't think there is one picture that could express what happens on this site. Words would probably be better. But if they wanted to go with a photograph, there has to be one that better reflects the community than the blurred, oversized one we see.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 80

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Didn't really look at this before, it is messy ~ agree @Jenny105  and  @Glory1

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 80

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Tell you said i didnt know it was 3 woman. I still cant get used to the new look 😞

Message 4 of 80

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The picture is annoying. It serves no purpose whatsoever, other than involve more scrolling down to get to where you want to go!

Add to that, the over large community search box slapped in the middle of it, isn't fit for purpose as it gives you every answer except the one you want.

Awful, just awful.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 80

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Weve been very unwell in the past 10 days I thought that might be sqewing my view. But having spent years listening to judges criticise works at my camera club I really can't see any merit in this. A tasteful pattern in warm colours might be better.

And yes ''searching'' in da big box has become a minefield.

Message 6 of 80

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well searching on the community has always been useless. Now it's even worse as you have to clear the words in the box before you type your own search words in and you never get what you're looking for. You get what it thinks you're looking for.

I'll stick to Google for any searches I want to do. Much better results.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 80

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Well searching on the community has always been useless. Now it's even worse as you have to clear the words in the box before you type your own search words in and you never get what you're looking for. You get what it thinks you're looking for.

Exactly my experience with trying to use the new search box, @Glory1@ - on both PC and Smartphone (Chrome on both). Annoying.

Message 8 of 80

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My twopenny-worth

The image is too blurred and didn`t realise that its three women(?)

"Has your question been answered?" and link to FAQ, this should be reduced in size

As so many topics are covered on Community it is not possible to list them all in the box, but could there not be a "teaser" such as "Have you checked what people are talking about today?" (with link) to Discussions and to Off Topic sections?

The search facility is/was a problem for me as a "newby". As many of you probably gather, I have got a bit carried away creating new threads but I am also concerned that I might be "reinventing the wheel", because although I try to check on search before creating, it throws up so many (and sometime vaguely related posts), it is often difficult to detect whether proposed thread has previously been on forum.

Just a thought, maybe posters could come up with ideas (I`m no artist so can`t provide one myself) for the banner?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 80

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I've posted on this thread but I do think all comments and feedback about the new layout should be kept in one place ie the main thread here....

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/New-Community-homepage-is-live/m-p/1198441#M29076

This makes it easier for the Community Managers to take on board all the comments and suggestions.

I have suggested a merge. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 80