Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community forum problems

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I know @MI5 started his 'Lonely' thread yesterday.... as he was the only one who managed to get online ...but I thought I would start this one in the hope that management may be able to advise us about Forum issues

Many of the regulars are aware of problems experienced when trying to access the forum over the past 2 days

For me it started on Monday 25th. All ok first thing, then unable to log on for about an hour 8-9am

I had problems again on the Monday evening ...no access from 4-7 pm.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I was 'locked out' from about 4pm till 9pm.(Along with the majority of others I suspect...except MI5) Twitter was alive with the sound of complaints

It was stated that GiffGaff had the same problem.

So a couple of questions from me....

Is this related to Mondays network outage?

Has the forum been compromised?

Is it likely to happen again soon?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@perksie wrote:

No, this time it was some spotty teenager trying to prove a point. Evil

Yeah....according to GiffGaff, a bunch of spotty teenagers. Well it is half term and they have nothing better to do obviously.....Destroy

If traced they should be made to pay compensation to all those impacted - if they can't afford it then their future entire lifetime earnings should be confiscated and parents assets should be siezed - vote for me!

Message 41 of 111

jonsie
  • 93187 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Ok. ...posting finally from a cozy little bar. It was ok in the early hours but it wasn't  until maybe 2 hours ago that the site came back online for me. 

Message 42 of 111

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi all,

We're still looking into what's going on. Thanks for the updates on your access and please continue to do so slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 43 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Hi all,

We're still looking into what's going on. Thanks for the updates on your access and please continue to do so slight_smile

@TobyI am just wondering if it is safe to log out? I am out now for a couple of hours and don't want this palaver when I come back home? Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 111

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Ok. ...posting finally from a cozy little bar. It was ok in the early hours but it wasn't  until maybe 2 hours ago that the site came back online for me. 

Yes I was a little premature in thinking that things had been sorted out earlier when I first posted just after 9 this morning. No sooner had I posted that the site went down again for several hours. All seems back to normal now, but an explanation for the reasons would be welcome.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 45 of 111

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Cleoriff

@TobyI am just wondering if it is safe to log out? I am out now for a couple of hours and don't want this palaver when I come back home? Smiley Frustrated

I've logged in and out a few times and it seems much more solid now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 46 of 111

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
I kept getting timed out yesterday when trying to sign in 😞 Just took me ages to get here don't know how long for it kept telling me page was unavailable please check web address.
Message 47 of 111

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It was down for most of us this morning too, seems to be steady now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 48 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just logged on but it was rather slow to log in at one point it said couldn't connect but I seem to be ok
Message 49 of 111

jonsie
  • 93187 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When I First logged in I got a very strange layout until I logged out and in again so something isn't quite right yet? 

Message 50 of 111