Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community forum problems

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I know @MI5 started his 'Lonely' thread yesterday.... as he was the only one who managed to get online ...but I thought I would start this one in the hope that management may be able to advise us about Forum issues

Many of the regulars are aware of problems experienced when trying to access the forum over the past 2 days

For me it started on Monday 25th. All ok first thing, then unable to log on for about an hour 8-9am

I had problems again on the Monday evening ...no access from 4-7 pm.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I was 'locked out' from about 4pm till 9pm.(Along with the majority of others I suspect...except MI5) Twitter was alive with the sound of complaints

It was stated that GiffGaff had the same problem.

So a couple of questions from me....

Is this related to Mondays network outage?

Has the forum been compromised?

Is it likely to happen again soon?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I log out....move to the next stop (another bar obviously!) And trying to log in I get this a couple of times and then it let's me in.

I'm thinking we might be running on back up servers while they're sorting it all out.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 91 of 111

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I log out....move to the next stop (another bar obviously!) And trying to log in I get this a couple of times and then it let's me in.

I'm thinking we might be running on back up servers while they're sorting it all out.

What?....Another hamster? Must have been breeding.....

Message 92 of 111

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

What?....Another hamster? Must have been breeding.....

Toby runs a hamster farm so I've heard. LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 93 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It certainly isn't a pedigree hamster farm then. They are taking a long time to sort this lot out...and it's Friday Evil I suppose we can only hope they keep them well fed over the weekend ...or we will be up the creek without a paddle...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 94 of 111

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have a road trip planned so I won't be worrying too much. ..nothing gets done at weekend from past experience. 

Message 95 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I just want to add one other problem I am experiencing since this forum. Email notifications all in random order.

I have a fair amount of stuff open on my laptop and often rely on email notifcations coming in to advise me when someone has replied to a topic I am subscribed to....

First thing in the morning emails come in pretty much when posted. Later on when the forum gets busy the emails come in randomly...and sometimes not at all. It's as if the forum can't cope with a volume of emails so chucks them out at random

For instance I posted on a thread at 1.35. I have just (2.30) had that email now...but others posted after mine are already in my inbox.

(I don't accept it's my email....this only started happening (and only on this site) from last Monday Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 96 of 111

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As I don't subscribe to any threads I haven't noticed but I have noticed that emails have stopped for pm's. 

Message 97 of 111

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I want to add that I am also getting errors on this website (forum pages).

Mainly a "This Connection was Reset" (big yellow hazard sign with an exclamation mark inside it!!) error everytime I simply just reload the forum page?Destroy

I have to keep reloading the webpage until it finally laods up correctly! Very frustrating......

Smiley Frustrated#

For the record, I am using Windows 7 and Firefox 38.0.1

Message 98 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Exactly the same as myself @DinoF. Using PC Windows 7 and Firefox. I have reached the point now that I know I am going to get these connection error messages every time I log on which is generally first thing in the morning. Whilst on PC I always access the forum via my email notifications and this happens first thing.

Once 'up and running' all seems ok until I log out.....and then it starts again...Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 99 of 111

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I posted this in the other thread and it's definitely not a problem my end.

Screenshot_2015-06-01-16-42-00.png

Message 100 of 111