Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community forum problems

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I know @MI5 started his 'Lonely' thread yesterday.... as he was the only one who managed to get online ...but I thought I would start this one in the hope that management may be able to advise us about Forum issues

Many of the regulars are aware of problems experienced when trying to access the forum over the past 2 days

For me it started on Monday 25th. All ok first thing, then unable to log on for about an hour 8-9am

I had problems again on the Monday evening ...no access from 4-7 pm.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I was 'locked out' from about 4pm till 9pm.(Along with the majority of others I suspect...except MI5) Twitter was alive with the sound of complaints

It was stated that GiffGaff had the same problem.

So a couple of questions from me....

Is this related to Mondays network outage?

Has the forum been compromised?

Is it likely to happen again soon?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just to add to my own experience of last night. I could view the forum offline. The problems started when I tried to sign in. The message I got was 'connecting....connecting...connecting'...and then the connection timed out.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know there was the outage on Monday but what actually happened yesterday?

I could not log in at all in the evening, it just kept saying connecting or would load very slowly & would not let me sign in.

I managed to log on about 9.00 last night then not again until about 11.45pm

Will this happen again today or over the next few days/weeks
Message 3 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also how could some users still get on the forum when it was down but everybody else couldn't
Message 4 of 111

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
My guess is because they logged on just before the server went down, I was on until I logged out.
I can only think it was a server security software update after a denial of service attack, when these happen on psn, they soon after do a server update and if you're logged on, you stay on. But if not, then all services are denied until fixed.
Message 5 of 111

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I was wondering the same thing @Anonymous I was able to view the All Topics page, but wasn't able to actually read any of the threads. In the end I just gave up for the day in the hope that things would be resolved this morning, which they obviously have. Was the outage on the O2 Community pages related to the outage some phone users had on Monday, or was it just coincidental?

To say that the last few days for O2 have been a shambles would be a gross understatement. Perhaps @Toby or someone else from the O2 Community Team can shed some light on what happened?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Although I think perksie said he was actually logged on but not posting. When he went back to the forum to post again and refreshed the page, the forum went off completely for him?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have just been told that two of the members who posted on this thread earlier are now unable to get back online. All seems ok for me at present....Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 111

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I can now
Message 9 of 111

Cleoriff