Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Ranking

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Now I possibly am going to be shot down in flames for this post but it really is a general concern of mine.

This business of 'going up the ranks' on the number of posts you make (irrespective of content) seems weird to me.

I will willingly use myself as an example. I have posted a lot of stuff, always questions, because I know very little about smartphones. I have also started a few discussions. However, I have only 'helped' a couple of folk with my limited knowledge, so it seems wrong somehow that I should now be classed as Talented (Rank 😎 primarily as newbies may be of the opinion I have a wealth of knowledge of smartphones (hahaha..can hardly breathe for laughing!)

On the other hand people like Jonsie, Perksie, Opium , Bambino, MI5, Papadug, Gillfankskev, stuart1983, Liquid, adamtempo etc etc (apologies if I left anyone out!) fully deserve their rankings because of their knowledge and willingness to share it.

I have no idea how it could be changed, if at all but I personally feel its not justified for folk like me to move up the ranks just because I gab a lot Smiley LOL

An example of what I mean is this...if you took 100 tests in a car and failed every test.. would you be a better driver than someone who took it once, and passed? Just saying....Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Its always nice to move up the ranks as your knowledge grows

See that comment in some way, is the point I was making i.e. 'as your knowledge grows'... NOT move up due to the posts you make. I know it would be nigh impossible to 'measure' your knowledge but it seems silly that I could, in theory, respond to EVERY reply posted by an expert by saying 'I agree with so and so' and then, by gawd, I would shoot up the rankings!!!

I just think it gives a false perspective of your knowledge base related to phones, broadband etc etc

If I refer back to my original post, I made the comparison that someone who takes their driving test 100 times and FAILS is not classed as a better driver than someone who takes it only once wink

Agree with that and think it should be based more on the solutions you give
Message 21 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought it was all based on not the amount you post but how much kudos & solutions you get
Message 22 of 37

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Surely that's why it uses solutions as well

Well mine only shows numbers of posts. Not Kudos or Topics, or Solutions, even though I participate in many discussions, have helped solve problems and have been kudoed. To be honest, I'm not bothered if they don't show anywhere.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think kudos comes into it could be wrong though

Message 24 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Surely that's why it uses solutions as well

Well mine only shows numbers of posts. Not Kudos or Topics, or Solutions, even though I participate in many discussions, have helped solve problems and have been kudoed. To be honest, I'm not bothered if they don't show anywhere.

You can change that in settings

Message 25 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thought it was all based on not the amount you post but how much kudos & solutions you get

A few months ago, I queried my new ranking with Leonard  via PM and he responded saying it was the number of times you posted...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
He said that to me as well but also kudos & solutions were key to it rather than amount of posts
Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was upgraded twice over one weekend, yet had hardly posted at all - I had however received quite a few kudos from previous posts and a couple of solutions, so I think it's safe to say it's not all about posting?

Message 28 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree

Message 29 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The number of posts in the off topic sections all contribute to the rankings and in my humble opinion they should have no bearing at all on the level 'awarded'. Why should someone making one line quips and agreements have a higher ranking than someone resolving threads for customer queries although making fewer posts? It makes no sense at all.

Message 30 of 37