Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Anonymous

Re: Community Ranking

That is true

Level 44: Clearly Talented

Last up rank I got was 3 weeks ago and I've posted an obscene amount. Unless off topic isn't counted?:/ I have limited myself to that board mostly.

I must say I only really see ranking as an indication of activity on the boards people like bob or gill upside downP) seem to know more than me but are ranked lower which I deem unfair if its supposed to be an indication of knowledge.

Also with the amount of posts of mine that are passive aggressive or sarky I really don't deserve my rank based on post count Smiley Very Happy.

Its a difficult one to come up with an adequate system because;

Kudos are given also for funny, sarky posts as well as informative.

Solutions are rarely given (annoying!)

Posts can be a load of crud just parroting what others have said previously or no relevance or context to the topic at hand(guiltySmiley Sad).

I like the idea of setting our own ranks a lot. No different from being allowed our own signatures.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

Have to agree with that jonsie.

Well that was written whilst I was typing my essay but I completely agreeSmiley Happy
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

Could the off topic section not count towards ranking as that kind of isn't a help section
Topics: 758

@jonsie wrote:

The number of posts in the off topic sections all contribute to the rankings and in my humble opinion they should have no bearing at all on the level 'awarded'. Why should someone making one line quips and agreements have a higher ranking than someone resolving threads for customer queries although making fewer posts? It makes no sense at all.

Totally agree Jonsie which brings us full circle really to my original query about ranking. I make no apologies for saying most of my posts are in the Off Topic/Discussions section. This is because I know nothing about phones, but hope I can start a good debate. I just fail to see why I should be ranked higher because I can 'gab' a lot Smiley LOL

Also re the discussion about getting a high rank due to 'Solved' issues. Isnt that hit and miss? Many problems on here are solved but if the OP never returns to their post.. who actually can give it a 'solved' status? (I personally always press the 'accept as a solution' icon when the issue is sorted!) You see, you start a debate and it opens up many cans of worms....

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker

Any of the community managers can (mods maybe as well). Toby's given me a few solutions previously.