cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come on O2! The technology exists to stop nuisance calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Telephone Preference Service is next to useless and the 7726 (SPAM) texting hasn't achieved much, either.

For my landline (with TalkTalk), I have a free feature which blocks all "number withheld" calls. I also have another free feature which enables me to dial a code in my phone and block the last number from ever calling me again.

Since adding these facilities, the number of cold calls has fallen dramatically.

Why can't O2 offer the same features? The technology exists so let's use it.

Come on O2! Help your customers!

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I can go for days without anyone calling me, I quite like being angry with cold callers, sad I know but maybe it's just me. Life is short, please don't stress about it, it can be fun sometimes. The number of people I have told they have got through to the Chinese laundry.....

Message 21 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really put this up in the hope that someone from O2 might get in touch. I can't find an email or contact form for them. I'll have to call them sometime when I get a chance.
Message 22 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous |If you are an O2 customer then go into My O2 on your PC.. .look for this along the top column

More choices.PNG

If you click on that highlighted box a drop down menu appears with My Preferences on it. Go in and untick any that may be ticked as default

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 28

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, King. I didn't want to use that as it's not a complaint, as such, but I think I'll try it. I thought this post might be helpful but it's turned into an argument I didn't want so I'll stop now. 😉
Message 25 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous this is a customer to customer forum. O2 don't monitor this site, so your hope of anyone from O2 getting in touch is wishful thinking, I'm sorry to say.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 26 of 28

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

I suppose another option (but this to me is more hassle) is to request a change of number. O2 will do this for you, once, for free, if you request, so i'd consider this on the basis that you are receiving a number of nuisance calls.

But you would have to remember that you will need to notify all your friends, family, doctors, etc that your number has changed.

If you choose this route just be careful with any companies who you give the number to, if there is an option opt out of any and all marketing comms, this way they cannot contact you or sell your details (legally at least)

Message 27 of 28

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks, King. I didn't want to use that as it's not a complaint, as such, but I think I'll try it. I thought this post might be helpful but it's turned into an argument I didn't want so I'll stop now. 😉

No argument my friend, it's obviously an issue for you, for me not so but you have a valid point. I just have my own way of dealing with these type of calls and for clarity, o2 and their trusted partners shared your number and details with the world when you opted for o2 as your network. It's not unique by the way, all networks do it as do all the utility companies. This is the world we live in and I refuse to get stressed about it.

Message 28 of 28