cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean up the boards!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Time to clean up or merge the numerous threads about the downtime.

I am sure I am not alone when I log in, that I feel like logging straight back out.

af

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good grief Leonard, that response was nothing short of obtuse.

You are saying "we" discussed the ranking system extensively, I assume you are referring to your staff only? This smacks of autocratism, verging on ignorance. I am not interested in your CV and how many years you have in developing successful forums, I am more interested in why your conceived model for this forum requires a bulldozer? We are not resistant to change, but we have hung around here, some more than others, whilst O2 allowed an excellent forum go into meltdown.

Abs did a sterling job of gently steering this new forum into recovery mode, but all his great work is being slowly unpicked.

None of the former superusers care about this silly title, but they do care that you seem to think that silly titles make a forum. Offering new levels will not make anybody contribute more, most of us are adults, some of us have undeniable life experience and education. Forum titles have no value to us.

It may just be a personal thing, but I always feel patronised whenever you post in response.

I have no faith in you whatsoever. But there again, who am I?

Message 11 of 21

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
This is turning into a big depressing day for me.... Anyway, this network outage with multiple threads being started is probably the worst I've ever seen the forum at. The relative nasty nature, whilst the fault of the newbies, has been slow to be acted on. The foul language on some threads was allowed to remain and may still be there. Personally I gave up trying to find decent posts but, and I believe this is something the Mods or even the superusers should be doing, is vetting the first couple of posts of new comers and given the theme, should have been moved into a single thread or declined to post. Far far too many people registered and in all likelihood, will rarely be seen again. As you've already seen, the Troll posting a compensation value was too much on top of this weeks postings.
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree I could have dealt with these changes a bit better, ancientferguson. Although everyone had a week to give their feedback on the changes and I PM'ed all superusers, I should have posted it in the superuser board first. 

The changes themselves are part of a bigger O2 project and I'm convinced they will have a very positive effect on most members. That's the part we'd like to evaluate in a couple of weeks. 

Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't really care what rank I am, I don't really pay attention to all that. I did like the Superuser title moreso so that people asking questions could see the title and see we could be trusted to give correct information, rather than just people who post a lot.

My main (and probably only) gripe is the condensation of P&G an contract, sometimes you can end up giving out the wrong information because it's vague on what platform the poster is on.
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My main (and probably only) gripe is the condensation of P&G an contract, sometimes you can end up giving out the wrong information because it's vague on what platform the poster is on.

I agree on that one. Customers are not always clear on what type of account they have and it makes it very hard answering some of the questions asked.

More than once I have had to enquire first.

Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dave and wanty,

Thanks for the feedback. It's something that has come up a few times and I agree we should review it.

We'll do an thorough and in-depth review of all the changes in 4 weeks.

Cheers,
Leonard
Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn't need reviewing, it either needs it's own section for the signal issues or just delete the many compensation or signal threads & get back to what this forum is for
Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stuart,

Unfortunately, whenever something on this scale happens, people post all over the place. But yes, I agree it would be a lot better if we would channel posts about such topics. We're having a discussion this week, just to make sure we improve if it happens again.

Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I have compensation then or kudos like everybody that complains & messes up the boards ha ha
Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just kudo'd that for you grin
Message 20 of 21