cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to SIM only best deal impossible online - Surprised not !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clearly it's been made impossible online to change down at the end of your contract to the latest SIM only deal .

when in your O2 account, the only suggestions available are phenomenally more expensive than the shop page.

as the best offers are not "new customers only", this is illegal by blatantly not illustrating these offers. 

Am forwarding the deliberate variance to M Lewis & Watchdog. 

Frustrates me when companies blatantly over price and break the law simply by not showing the full price structure.

Example is 5G for over £20 on my O2 page and it's 6G for £16 in online shop

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the "upgrade now" link I'm referring to. That's where the over priced deals are. 

Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As I've tried to explain, you need to look at the upgrade options for a simo deal.
These are available to upgrade to https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals/#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M
The tariff change you are looking at are designed for people to change to mid contract, not to upgrade to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong ! I am looking at the offers on my O2 with an expired / spent contract.....not mid term.

The page you are referring to is the one with the lower priced offers on. Go into them and proceed to checkout and you cannot buy it and transfer your existing account. Tried it all.

Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I may be misunderstanding this but I am seeing these Sim Only tariffs @Anonymous

simo only deals.PNG

I am at end of contract next month but the 6GB tariff is cheaper than the 2GB I am currently on?

I know from experience I will be able to take up that offer online. If I had any problems at all I would be contacting customer services and requesting the deal as shown on the website

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes exactly the offer I want to take up. Similar scenario but no, you wouldn't be able to online as you cannot do it from your O2 options page. I tried clicking "to purchase" on the page you've pasted but you can't as an existing customer and transfer your number. 

CS would no doubt sort, but racks me off. Live Chat not responding either. Been busy last 15 mins with no response. 

Going to to get another G&T 😃

Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Live chat now closed @Anonymous. Also they aren't the best people to sort account issues either. Ringing customer services when they open at 8am tomorrow would be the best time.

I would join you in a G&T but not my drink. If vodka is available then I would partake. Cheers Smiley Very Happy

Best of luck tomorrow...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I did have the exact same problem as yourself @Anonymous when I wanted to change my tariff on my return to the UK. I couldn't buy the deal I wanted. I too was sim only and only by calling customer service could I get that deal but they did it instantly. I was in no fit state to shop around but if i purely wanted to do it online then yes maybe I would.

Despite O2's mandate to treat all customers equally, current and new, under their Fair Deal For All scheme I believe those deals are to attract new customers. Like yourself I tried to upgrade, and it was an upgrade, via My O2 and the tariff I wanted wasn't there. So in actual fact there is no fair deal for all whatever the spin on it. 

I recommended calling customer service because I got the specific deal I wanted straight away without hesitation and they were only too willing to help. 

Whether it's illegal or not I'm not qualified to say but it's certainly unethical and definitely unfair. 

Message 17 of 17