cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to SIM only best deal impossible online - Surprised not !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clearly it's been made impossible online to change down at the end of your contract to the latest SIM only deal .

when in your O2 account, the only suggestions available are phenomenally more expensive than the shop page.

as the best offers are not "new customers only", this is illegal by blatantly not illustrating these offers. 

Am forwarding the deliberate variance to M Lewis & Watchdog. 

Frustrates me when companies blatantly over price and break the law simply by not showing the full price structure.

Example is 5G for over £20 on my O2 page and it's 6G for £16 in online shop

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Are you looking at "upgrades" or "tariff change" ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Have you tried calling customer service? 

They will put you on any online deal as they did with me. 

Message 3 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122794 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AnonymousI'm not certain about that. After my first year simo...I got a better deal the 2nd year. I admit there was a sale on and I took advantage of it. (6 months at half price)

Edited to add....I initially moved from contract to sim only and was a lot better off....i suppose its the luck of the draw at the time. There are deals to be had certainly

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
If you're not looking at upgrading your contract, all you will see are tariff changes which are always poor value.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply a tariff change, retaining existing phone. Tnx

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Then you need to upgrade to a sim only tariff.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Which customer service will do for you if there is a deal that suits you. 

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Or use the upgrade now link in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate phoning CS will probably resolve this but it's the principle of the fact that it is illegal to offer a higher price when there is a lower price available. 

In addition, some people will not review pricing to the same detail and therefore O2 are relying on people signing up ignorantly to an overpriced deal. 

The he marketing naivety here, is that tonight myself & my wife are at the end of our contracts as of last week and tonight are looking to go SIM only. This just now encourages me to look at the Virgin & EE offers, especially given its Black Friday week. 

Retention, should be any business's platform for growth !

Message 10 of 17