Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Standby high battery usage Oreo

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So i downloaded the Oreo OTA update on my S7 a few week back. All was well, or so i thought. Seems there is a strange bug within Oreo that is causing the cell standby to use an abnormally large amount of battery. Today for example mine is up to 20% already, which although isnt crippling my phone, is draining battery more than on Nouget

Did abit of research on the net, and found quite a few are having this post update on S7, S8 and other phones. Doesnt appear to be an issue with the update, more a bug in Oreo with how it handles cell standby. So much so that a mod on the Samsung forum had now reported it to Samsung. There is a large 31 page thread here with others having similar issues. Also an article here that discusses the issue. People have factory reset but that doesnt fix it

So it appears the issue is with Samsung for a possible fix. Anyone here noticed high Cell Standby battery issues post Oreo update on any phone?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @paulbacon! Sorry to hear that you've had some issues with battery with the Oreo update. Just saw your topic. I echo your thoughts - has anyone else here who has updated to Oreo yet noticed similar issues?

Would be great to get some comments and please do share if you hear anything about fixes from Samsung in case others might find it helpful. slight_smile

Message 2 of 5

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hi @paulbacon! Sorry to hear that you've had some issues with battery with the Oreo update. Just saw your topic. I echo your thoughts - has anyone else here who has updated to Oreo yet noticed similar issues?

Would be great to get some comments and please do share if you hear anything about fixes from Samsung in case others might find it helpful. slight_smile

@MarjoAccording to the massive thread on the Samsung forum, the lastest security/patch released for Oreo fixes the issue. Its been released on EE, so hopefully O2 will release it soon

Message 3 of 5

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Cheers for the update! thumbsup

Message 4 of 5

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions