cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract impossible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to get through to customer services for 3 days. How ridiculous is that? 

Ideally I want to get my PAC code but now I don't really care. I'd just like the courtesy of speaking to someone rather than listening to music for hour on end. Pissing me right off. Sorry O2 but 5 years of good experience has just been written off. Livid. 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

I advised O2 back in February 2013 that the contract should not extend after it's June end as the service was no longer being used, in May I reminded them, in June it was clear my instruction had been ignored.  Numerous online chat sessions were entered into (only 1 seems to be registered - convenient) but the team that needed to deal with it were always subject to a further queue. Three emails were ignored completely.  O2 now state that I have to pay another two months, this will not happen.

Message 31 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming you have proof of your instruction to terminate contract at it's natural expiry date, then hold to your guns.

ARCs (Automatically Renewable Contracts) were banned by OfCom a number of years ago - but the ruling only applies to fixed land lines. No-one has ever really complained about mobile phones being automatically renewed, so some continue to do so.

But if you have proof of your conversations with them, and gave them sufficient notice of cancellation, they don't have a leg to stand on re making claims against you.

Message 32 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried today to cancel my contract. I called 202, waited for 15min and they cancelled my contract without any problems

Message 33 of 33