cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract impossible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to get through to customer services for 3 days. How ridiculous is that? 

Ideally I want to get my PAC code but now I don't really care. I'd just like the courtesy of speaking to someone rather than listening to music for hour on end. Pissing me right off. Sorry O2 but 5 years of good experience has just been written off. Livid. 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Waiting for a call

It'll never come.

Message 11 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's scary but I think your right

Does anyone know how to access "chat now" using iMac or iPad as its not recognising the activity buttons

Suppose only hope will be to wait for the storm of iphone5 to subside and O2 support staff start looking at the problems.

Now clicked up over three hours of call waiting via 202 and three sets of emails without one single response

Only hope alternative networks are an improvement, not holding breath

Now understand why country down the pan!

Message 12 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I managed to contact them via the chat service on Mountain Lion. Try using a different web browser maybe (im using firefox)
Message 13 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Really sorry but the wait time is what it is unfortunately.

Message 14 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for ideas on web browser, will investigate.

Thought I would bring everyone upto date, managed to get PAC code after 4 hours trying phone and chat now, as latter was working via mobile.

They passed me onto a Retention Team who gave my PAC finally.

BUT when given to new network provider, guess what! It was incorrect.

I am now going through same process, via chat now mobile and waiting for investigation.

At least I am going forward but could be easier watching paint dry.

PS something I found out today was that Apple have a block on iPhone when changing networks, so if like me your desperately wanting to change provider and retain your iPhone or pass it on within family, you cannot change networks unless it's unlocked in some back street shop where damage or any guarantees would be lost.

Tin Can and some string could be the answer.

Message 15 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I must admit to laughing a lot at the excuses of "being busy" due to iPhone sales. Yes, maybe at the time of the original posts.

However, I used the "webchat" to inform O2 that I was cancelling my contract shortly before it was due for renewal on 10/01/2013. After the usual offer to beat a competitor failed, they accepted cancellation notification and I printed the conversation.

A few days later I found that not only have I apparently agreed to pay them for a brand new phone (Note 2), but I'd also INCREASED the monthly cost of the contract, and moved to Birmingham. I was told that the Fraud team would contact me "within 10 days" and I'm still waiting for them to contact me. I requested a bothway bar put on the SIM (since I'm not using it anyway and haven't done for months) and immediately stopped the direct debit with the bank as well as changed the password on the O2 website etc.

I got an email today stating that I apparently owed O2 £81 odd. I've now been sitting in another "WebChat" for about an hour, and I've been told I need to contact Phones4U (who the original contract was setup with in Jan 2011). I've requested that I have the chat transferred to Customer Retentions / Cancellations - twice now! So far I've been ignored & told to contact Phones4U.

I feel an irate letter to OfCom coming on...

Message 17 of 33

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Phone CS you'll get a better response web chat is useless for these sort of issues.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 18 of 33

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
A few days later I found that not only have I apparently agreed to pay them for a brand new phone (Note 2), but I'd also INCREASED the monthly cost of the contract, and moved to Birmingham. I was told that the Fraud team would contact me "within 10 days" and I'm still waiting for them to contact me.

It sounds as if your account has been hacked, I would contact P4U and the police as well as O2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid: And pay O2 for me contacting them? Lol. Not happening.

@Peskie: I work in IT security - there's probably somewhere in the 1 in 100 billion region that the account has been "hacked."

Much, much more likely is that O2 have set my number to expire when the contract cancellation was accepted, and it's been re-assigned to a new user (who potentially went into Phones4U to get a contract with O2). Due to the re-assigned number of an "active" account at that time, I can se how the O2 computers would have merged.

My bank were informed of the situation the same day that an O2 rep said that the Fraud team would be in touch. They were more helpful than anyone could wish for, and there hasn't been a penny leave my account without permission.

The next steps from here, given that I'm now 4 weeks into an official complaint (which I made and received response in writing), is to follow it up by posting a letter to O2 and providing the DPA '98 required 20 working days for a response. That will put me sufficiently beyond the 8 week initial waiting period required by ADR ombudsman services.

Funny, but all I want is for O2 to stop sending emails/letters stating I owe them money. To be perfectly honest, I'm more than happy for them to take me to court over this, I've tried to inform them of their mistake. If they want to let it get to court, then I'll get the chance to hear why they've accused me of lying on their webchat, why they've refused to deal with an issue, passing me off to a 3rd party company, why they think they can enforce a contract that hasn't been signed, and if we're all lucky, it might also push OfCom to look at ARC's for mobiles like they did a few years back for fixed line services.

Oh, and EDIT: From the point at which I invoke the ADR, I'll also be invoicing O2 for communicating with them. £5/letter seems reasonable to me for the time taken to read/reply and cover the postage.

Message 20 of 33