cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unlock - code fails

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to unlock my phone.  I need to move to BT becuase their coverage is much better where I need it.

The MyO2 "manage your device" page give a 8-digit PUK number.  I tried this but it didn't work.

I clicked the "unlock my device" link and and 2 days later an email came with another 8-digit code.  This didn't work either.  

Every time I try, the phone displays "Network Unlock request unsuccessful", and prompts for the code again.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the code wrong?

I've forwarded the email to mycare@o2mail.co.uk, I'll see what they come back with.

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ok got you now.
Call CS and explain it's gonna cost 20 to fix their screw up and ask if they will credit your account to cover the costs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will speak to samsung tomorrow and see what they say. If no joy I will try the 3rd party jobbie and ask 02 to cover it
Message 52 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ps, is it worth backing everything up.proor to doing anything or will it all be OK?
Message 53 of 68

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
To do it the way I would do it would wipe the phone completely so best to back up first, just in case.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 54 of 68

robbie_detour
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had a similar proble. I am beyound disatisfied with O2 who to be honest are now up there as one of the worst companies I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.  I have now left O2 due to the neverending problems I have had. 

I left O2 at the end of March due to never ending problems accessing the online bill - set out in another forum thread. They had years to sort it and never did.

What did I know that after I left they would still haunt me.

I moved to a new operator and contacted O2 to get the unlock codes.  They gave me the wrong codes to the point the phone blocked.  They gave me over 6 codes!  None worked. 

They then promised to escalate and manage this for me.  After chasing them several times today (3 weeks later) I am told that I need to do do the escalation to the phone manufacture myself.   They refused to do it even though it is their fault the phone is blocked. 

They have basically washed their hands of the issue.

They gave me duff info that has blocked my phone then promised to resolve it and now in writing they state they cant help me any more.  I have wasted over two hours on the forum.  they have basically lied to me, and treated me terribly.  All I can say is O2 you should be ashamed of yourselves. I now probably have a phone that wont work and out of pocked £150 because of them with no recourse.

Message 55 of 68

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you raised a complaint?
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 56 of 68

robbie_detour
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

on the O2 Forum and they basically wont.  they say I have to contact manufacturer.  but the point is they said they were doing that.  they have lied to me because they havent done it and now have washed their hands of it. If I ring manufacturer I know they will say O2 did this or that and I wont have any evidence. 

Message 57 of 68

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Use Resolver of the link I gave you above.

Currently using:
Message 58 of 68

robbie_detour
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK I will do thanks. 

Message 59 of 68

robbie_detour
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi used REVOLVER and raised a complaint. Now 7 days have passed and even after chasers havent had any response except the automated one. On the basis I have stated very clearly the issue and have provided all the details of the exchanges on Forum and on Chat, and in calls, O2 havent bothered. From my perspective O2 are up there with the worst companies I have ever had the misfortune to involve myself with. I am now going to go via the media channels to try and shame them.
Message 60 of 68