cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unlock - code fails

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to unlock my phone.  I need to move to BT becuase their coverage is much better where I need it.

The MyO2 "manage your device" page give a 8-digit PUK number.  I tried this but it didn't work.

I clicked the "unlock my device" link and and 2 days later an email came with another 8-digit code.  This didn't work either.  

Every time I try, the phone displays "Network Unlock request unsuccessful", and prompts for the code again.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the code wrong?

I've forwarded the email to mycare@o2mail.co.uk, I'll see what they come back with.

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

Rarely Smiley Surprised ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122888 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Rarely Smiley Surprised ?

Well I would say never...though there are the occasions when you and I clash on certain things... so if I say never wrong...that would mean I am (and that aint gonna happen pal LOL)

Lets put it this way. @MI5 is never wrong on technical issues tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 68

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Close enough for now tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

The saga continues...

I made a written complaint and O2 upheld it and replaced the phone.

They replace my G1 Moto with a G3 Moto.  They also credited my account with £15 to cover the unlock fee for the new phone.  

I claimed back the £15 credited to the account and used it to top-up the new phone.

So far so good.

I mmediately got a text message saying that the I had the £10 big bundle and that £10 had been deducted from my balance.  So the £15 was immediately reduced to £5 - not enough to unlock the phone.

I stewed for a few days then decided instead of complaining again I'd just top-up another £10 and get the unlock code.

Now every time I try to use the web top-up I get the "500 error - something went wrong".  I see that the 500 error has been covered on this forum, but there doesn't seem to be a solution.

So, O2 are getting another letter.  I've found that written letters are the only way to get results out of O2. 

Message 34 of 68

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Try topping up with a voucher and change your tariff if you don't want a bundle.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd forgot to mention that as part of the phone replacement they'd sent me a PAYG SIM and , meant as a temporary throw-away just to register the new phone and unlock it.  The SIM was on the £10 Big Bundle tariff, so the first £10 was debited straight away.

Anyway,  I topped-up £10 dialling 4444.

I got the unlock code and unlocked it.  My phone is now with BT.

I'm not going to complain again and ask for the £10 back.  I'm just glad to be free at last.

Message 36 of 68

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Glad you're sorted.

Currently using:
Message 37 of 68

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

I not sure why you would think they will give you the £10 back if you are no longer with O2 but I do wish you luck.

Message 38 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, could you tell me what address you sent the complaint via post as I'm in exactly the same situation and my phone appears to be frozen.

Apparently a MCK code would clear the block but unsure...

My phone is a s7 edge
Message 39 of 68

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, could you tell me what address you sent the complaint via post as I'm in exactly the same situation and my phone appears to be frozen.

Apparently a MCK code would clear the block but unsure...

My phone is a s7 edge

Complaints process is detailed here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 40 of 68