cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unlock - code fails

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to unlock my phone.  I need to move to BT becuase their coverage is much better where I need it.

The MyO2 "manage your device" page give a 8-digit PUK number.  I tried this but it didn't work.

I clicked the "unlock my device" link and and 2 days later an email came with another 8-digit code.  This didn't work either.  

Every time I try, the phone displays "Network Unlock request unsuccessful", and prompts for the code again.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the code wrong?

I've forwarded the email to mycare@o2mail.co.uk, I'll see what they come back with.

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try facebook and twitter as they can often get a positive response.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 61 of 68

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@robbie_detour wrote:
Hi used REVOLVER and raised a complaint. Now 7 days have passed and even after chasers havent had any response except the automated one. On the basis I have stated very clearly the issue and have provided all the details of the exchanges on Forum and on Chat, and in calls, O2 havent bothered. From my perspective O2 are up there with the worst companies I have ever had the misfortune to involve myself with. I am now going to go via the media channels to try and shame them.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Message 62 of 68

robbie_detour
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

as au update. 

I have emailed chasing a response to my complaint and have contacted the customer services team who wont put me through to the complaints department.  I havent had any response to my written complaint just automated response promising 5 days!  O2 havent the courtesy to respond to me at all.  Total shambles of an outfit. I am collating all the evidence in readiness to forward on to ombudsman.  I have a phone that is blocked now for 8 weeks.

Message 63 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @robbie_detour  Google the address of Mark Evans the CEO and send his office an email. When all else fails this usually gets results...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 64 of 68

robbie_detour
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there a thread where I can complain about the O2 Complaints service.  I have yet to get any satisfactory response to my complaint.  I have been ignored and have sent numerous emails, and attempted to phone through.  3 months latere O2 still hasnt explained a solution, offered me anything. 

Message 65 of 68

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Escalation is via the Ombudsman.

If you've spoken to a manager and you're not satisfied with how we've handled your complaint, the Complaint Review Service can help – they'll carry out an impartial review of your complaint.

We'll help you escalate your complaint or you can contact our Complaint Review Service directly by email or post.

O2 Complaints Review Service
PO BOX 694
Winchester
SO23 5AP

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Make sure you include your contact details and what you'd like us to do to resolve your complaint.

We'll send you an acknowledgement of your complaint straight away and get the investigation started. We'll try to give you a call on the phone, so let us know when it is best to call you. Our call will show as 0800 840 0202, so you know it's us.

Once we've reviewed your complaint, we'll let you know the outcome within five working days. If it's going to take longer, we'll let you know and keep you informed of our progress.

If you're not happy after we've responded to your complaint, or if it takes us more than eight weeks to respond, you may wish to contact Ombudsman Services: Communications if you're a mobile or broadband customer or the Financial Ombudsman Service if you bought a financial product from us.

O2 Home customers may wish to talk to a local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards or, if you bought O2 Home online, you can use the Online Dispute Resolution platform.

You can also read our Consumer Code of Practice in full here.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 66 of 68

robbie_detour
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks

I have emailed Mark Evsans CEO stating my absolute disgust with his organisation, the atrocious approach to Complaints handling.  I have cancelled all my business accounts with O2 now.  Moved away.  I am at the point that I will expect heads to roll as those involved are unprofessional, incompetent.  I have captured everything.  I have rung my nominated complaints person a dozen times and have been fobbed off and emailed over 20 times!  If I ran my org like this I wouldnt have one.Ombudsman next.

Message 67 of 68

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No one can blame you for moving everything away from O2.

I only hope you get some satisfaction from mark Evans and his band of men. Do let us know how you get on with the Ombudsman.

Message 68 of 68