cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to London Underground Wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Uptil mid Dec, I was able to connect to O2/Virgin Media London underground wifi, but one day it suddenly kicked me out & ever since it's giving me error "Sorry, we're having a few problems at the moment. We're working on it, so have another go later".

I can see my fellow O2 customers can connect, so is there anything wrong with my mobile/profile?

How do I resolve this?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, Uptil mid Dec, I was able to connect to O2/Virgin Media London underground wifi, but one day it suddenly kicked me out & ever since it's giving me error "Sorry, we're having a few problems at the moment. We're working on it, so have another go later".

I can see my fellow O2 customers can connect, so is there anything wrong with my mobile/profile?

How do I resolve this?

As I understand it O2 had a shared agreement with Virgin re Wifi in the London underground. However a recent thread indicated that this was only in the buildings inc platforms etc and not on the actual trains.

Not sure why you are unable to connect unless they are actually doing maintenance or upgrading the system?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, that's exactly what is happening to me too.

I think it started when my Big Bandle was once gone on New year's day-ish. They say it's necessary to top up once a month but I just forgot to do that. Of course I've already topped up again but the Wi-Fi connection has not been restored yet. I've tried to log in many times but they have been only saying that annoying error message "We are having a few problems etc..." At least this situation has continued for a week.

I'm pretty upset, cause guys in O2 customer service just said I should ask Virgin about it but it's even impossible for non-Virgin customers to send an e-mail to them!

(Sry for my bad English, I'm non native)

Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Here is a link from O2 re FAQ's on using WiFi on the London Underground

It does say that this won't work if you have had problems with your account re payment

As you say you have now paid your bill, you should contact CS.... 202(Contract) 4445 (PAYG) to make sure all has been activated

http://mobi.o2.co.uk/pl/svt/si/mo2couk/po/o2uk/ms/eNLLO8VKS/pa/307108

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

tried everything what @Anonymous posts suggests.. still not working..

Even deleted my wifi a/c & registered newly at O2 Wifi... still can't connect.. it's really pretty annoying... 

I'm PAYG customer.. I recharge every month.. still one day it suddenly stopped & not able to connect ever since..

Can anyone help?

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone help?

Most likely only CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone help?

Most likely only CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

It would be interesting to know whether Wifi on the London Underground is causing problems for other network customers. I suspect if O2 can't help then VirginMedia CS may be able to shed some light on the issue? When I went onto their forum a weeks or so ago it did say they were upgrading the WiFi system...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

Bamboccio
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 95 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi p2kin,

Have you managed to resolve the issue?

Thanks

Message 9 of 10