cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling another o2 mobile that is abroad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I want to call a friend who has recently moved to spain and still has an o2 uk phone will this be inclusive in my minutes? or inclusive in my o2 to o2 unlimited calls? Bit wary to try it incase I end up with a massive bill come the end of the month :womanindifferent:
What about texting, that will be incluced in my unlimited text bolt on?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are in the UK and call/text another UK mobile then the cost is the same wherever the other UK mobile is. So yes it is included in your allowance.

Its the person who is roaming that pays the extra, you pay the same as if they were in the UK.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I emailed o2 customer services about this and the reply I got was -

"I understand that you want to call a O2 mobile abroad. I'd like to tell you that calling any O2 number abroad will cost you standard charge of 19.6p. These calls are not included in your allowance."

So looks like it wouldnt be covered in my contract as stated above! Think I will phone up just to confirm and see if there is anything I can add to my contract to make it cheaper, its a joke they charge so much for calling within europe.
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
I emailed o2 customer services about this and the reply I got was -
"I understand that you want to call a O2 mobile abroad. I'd like to tell you that calling any O2 number abroad will cost you standard charge of 19.6p. These calls are not included in your allowance."
So looks like it wouldnt be covered in my contract as stated above! Think I will phone up just to confirm and see if there is anything I can add to my contract to make it cheaper, its a joke they charge so much for calling within europe.

Any call you mae to a UK mobile will be included in your allowance as will texts.
So prking is correct in the information he gave you as well as the fact that your friend will incur charges.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
So o2 customer services are hopeless as usual! grin

They have a bolt on to stop them incurring charges for incoming calls, so that isnt a problem! Its just my phonebill :womanindifferent:

I think I will definately phone them tomorrow and check withsome as I am guessing that emails will be answered by some form of foreign call centre type thing.
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
So o2 customer services are hopeless as usual! grin
I think I will definately phone them tomorrow and check withsome as I am guessing that emails will be answered by some form of foreign call centre type thing.

You will probably just get the standard auto-response to your email. :womanindifferent: slight_smile
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd rather check that be hit with a £1000 phonebill, surely someone there will be of some use?! :mansurprised:
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Yes of course they will...just surprised you were given incorrect advice previously. Perhaps you spoke to a newbie?? Let us know on here when you have spoken to someone else.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think its a communication problem. The phrase "call an O2 Mobile abroad" could mean

1)Call an O2 mobile which is abroad (normal charge for calling an O2 Mobile)

2)Call an O2 mobile when you are abroad (19.6p a minute)

It justs shows you should take every effort to phrase your question correctly.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so I just phoned o2 customer services and actually spoke to someone who was helpful!! grin

After explaining and the guy checking up on it then it was stated that it would be inclusive of my minutes and that only the person receiving the call abroad would be charged (unless they have a bolt on which allows them to receive calls for free) so after some more checking it would also appear that my unlimited o2 to o2 calls bolt on will work and providing the other person adds the other bolt on then calls galore for free! grin

So fingers crossed this is right and I dont get a £1000 phone bill in a months time! :womanindifferent:
Message 10 of 11