cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUSTOMER CARE AND RESERVATION STRATFORD MALL LONDON SHOP: U GET WHAT U GET NOT WHAT U WANT!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Can anyone explain to me how does the reservaingly works plEase? I asked for a phone to be reserved for me to pick up. I dont have much time as I am exchanging it with a previous upgrade that was not working fo me, so within 14 days. And beeing dissabled means that I cant trot long distance and rely on the Stratford Mall London Shop. However the staff I made the reaservation with proceeded to go and chat to her colleagues. I observed this. No notes was made no computer entry! I had problems with her prior to that. 1. She tried to process a payment for a white phone despite me repeatly rasking for a black one. 2. She quoted a different price for a phone from that online. 3.She admitted to have omited important information when she explained my contract, saying " I didnt think you will be exchanging it (ur phone) 4. She dismissed me saying that the shop will deffinitly have the phone when I pointed out that they had not had it in the 2 occassions I especifically went to get it.  ( I posted the same thing under another existing subject  RESERVATION to maximise my chance of a swift reply)  Help Please.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry to hear of your experience.

So what I understand from your post is ...you were looking to exchange a phone within the 14 day period?

Did you try to do all this instore?

It may well have been that the shop assistant you were dealing with was talking to her colleagues about the specific phone (colour make model) that you required?

If they didn't have what you wanted ...the shop would have to order it in as they don't carry large stock levels.

Do you understand that you need to go back to the store again to collect the phone you have ordered?

If so, I would make sure you phone them prior to your trip ....to make sure it is actually instore before you make the trip back there.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes I was trying to exchange a phone, in store, within the set periode. Sorry to say I could hear them talk as rthey were not to farawy from me, but I did not hear any mentioneed of my querry. Especially since my experience I describe with her, you'll undustand that I am not optimist about this, hence my querry.  I did try to call them.  Only got to leave a message.  No one called me back as yet.  I live in hope!  Of course I undustand that I have to collect my phone since it is a store transaction.  Maybe that where I went wrong.  What I tries to convey is that I am trying to avoid unecessary trips as they are difficult for me. What I wanted to know is: do you or anyone else knows the process involve in doing an order or reservation in store please? How is it organised? Where do they document it?

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome back. I have never purchased a phone instore but one of my family members has. I know that they discussed the phone and contract details with the assistant. They had to undergo a credit check as this was a new phone and they would be paying for this and their tariff on a monthly basis. All of their details were logged on the computer. Once they had passed the credit check they were phoned by the store staff and collected their phone a couple of days later.

Your issue is slightly different in that you are looking to exchange a phone within the 14 day 'cooling off' period..

So your details and requirements should have been logged into the computer by the assistant I should imagine.

What were you told about collecting your new exchange phone? I would have thought you should have been given a date for this? As travel is difficult for you I can only suggest you ring the store again today and ask when the phone will be in stock.

I am going to call in a colleague @Anonymous  to see if she can offer further advice.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous ,

There is a click and collect system but it doesn't really apply here as this is a return, also the click and collect is online based. 

If the store are saving the phone for you it's as good will, so there won't be on any systems. 

If you are unsure they will do it, ring the store and ask for the manager. Tell them when you are going and I'm sure they will set it aside for you slight_smile hope this helps! 

Message 5 of 5