cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C905 WiFi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help??

i've got a WiFi bolt-on, the handset connects to the WiFi at home and in the store, the green WiFi symbol shows on the handset - but everytime i try to connect to the internet it fails!! it says contact your operator for support!!

customers services suggested i contact ericsson, which i hav'nt done yet.

i can connect to the internet on GSM etc and it is quite fast, is there any benefit to having WiFi on the C905??

can anyone tell me how to get the WiFi connection on my handset internet?

thanks.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help??
i've got a WiFi bolt-on, the handset connects to the WiFi at home and in the store, the green WiFi symbol shows on the handset - but everytime i try to connect to the internet it fails!! it says contact your operator for support!!
customers services suggested i contact ericsson, which i hav'nt done yet.
i can connect to the internet on GSM etc and it is quite fast, is there any benefit to having WiFi on the C905??
can anyone tell me how to get the WiFi connection on my handset internet?
thanks.

Is it the iPhone web & wifi bolt-on? If so, please repost your question on the iPhone Forum @ viewforum.php?f=3 and they will be able to help you. grin
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, its a sony handset, that has WiFi, i took the bolt-on for WiFi with the customer service person knowing i had a sony C905, they insist it should work!!

although my phone acknowledges the WiFi, i cant get the internet to work on it, can you advise??
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, its a sony handset, that has WiFi, i took the bolt-on for WiFi with the customer service person knowing i had a sony C905, they insist it should work!!
although my phone acknowledges the WiFi, i cant get the internet to work on it, can you advise??

Sorry but you have been mis-informed. The web & wifi bolt-on is only for the iPhone and wont work with any other phone. Ring Customer Services and ask them for a refund for the bolt-on.
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Smudge, there is a wifi bolt-on that is available for "normal" phones so don't worry, you can have it.

If customer services aren't that helpful then ask to be put through to data services to see if they can help.

You could always nip to an o2 shop and see if they have a wifi demo phone to try your simcard in to see if it could be the handset or sim being faulty.

Hope you get it sorted x
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
internet on wifi seems to be switched off or disabled in the c905 handset. Oddly it works fine when you use the 3g network...
There is a way around it though. If you connect to wifi, then get a text message sent to your phone with a url in the message such as http://www.google.co.uk then if you open the message, and use the link, the webpage will open and you can use internet using the wifi. Looks like its either a bug, or a forced bug to make you use the 3g network.
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Smudge, there is a wifi bolt-on that is available for "normal" phones so don't worry, you can have it.
If customer services aren't that helpful then ask to be put through to data services to see if they can help.
You could always nip to an o2 shop and see if they have a wifi demo phone to try your simcard in to see if it could be the handset or sim being faulty.
Hope you get it sorted x

The web bolt-on (details @ http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tari ... 2webbolton) is just for the web and not wifi.
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought we were talking about Pay & Go, in which case there isnt a wifi bolt-on. If you are on Pay Monthly, then yes there is a wifi bolt-on.
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys,

still no joy, yes i do have the correct bolt-on, i've tried the link/text trick - still no joy. i cant get my WiFi to work on the internet, my phone connects to the WiFi, but when i try to get the internet, it fails, saying i should contact my operator support.

any more ideas??

please help!!
Message 10 of 17