cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C905 WiFi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help??

i've got a WiFi bolt-on, the handset connects to the WiFi at home and in the store, the green WiFi symbol shows on the handset - but everytime i try to connect to the internet it fails!! it says contact your operator for support!!

customers services suggested i contact ericsson, which i hav'nt done yet.

i can connect to the internet on GSM etc and it is quite fast, is there any benefit to having WiFi on the C905??

can anyone tell me how to get the WiFi connection on my handset internet?

thanks.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey smudge,

Have you tried contacting o2 again? You should get through to someone who can have a good look at everything and if still no joy request to speak to data services who can then assist you making sure all your settings are correct and everything.
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think this might possibly have something to do with O2 branding. Alot of OEM apps, functions and options that are referenced in the phone's manual are missing from O2 branded handsets. I've heard that some handsets have the Wi-Fi limited in order to make you use the O2 active connection. Many O2 retail staff members don't even know exactly what changes O2 have made to their Handsets. My O2 branded C902 has Google Maps and Geo Tagging disabled :womanindifferent:

I don't have an unlimited Wi-Fi Bolt-on, but I do have a wireless network at home, and Wi-Fi works fine on my un-branded C905. As far as I've experienced with my C905, there's not much configuration for internet through Wi-Fi, as it's only for the connection to the network itself, usually just scan for the network or enter the SSID, and enter the security key. As long as you manage to connect to the access point/hotspot, it should work.

I chose the Unlimited Web Bolt-on over the Wi-fi Bolt-on, as while I can still use my home Wi-Fi connection, and for free at many places like McDonalds and Starbucks, I can use the web via GPRS/HSDPA anywhere else I go.

I'd say the same as Wanty, get O2 retail to look into it further, maybe get their store "Guru" to investigate. Try to find out if there are any limitations to Wi-fi usage with branding, and what else might be disabled.

Has anyone else here had the same problem on an O2 BRANDED C905?

Good Luck!
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a thought, have you ever been able to use the WIFI service? I'm wondering if it hasn't been provisioned on the account, you may have the bolt-on on there, but if it isn't provisioned then it wont work.
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Smudge

I thought I had the same problem. Connected to my router with no issues but when I went to access the web via the menu icons it didn't work. It seems that using the icons or shortcut buttons the phone trys to connect using the 2G/3G address which the router does not recognise. Try this when connected to wifi;

1. Hit shortcuts button (bottom left)
2. Scroll across to Internet
3. Scroll down to Enter address
4. Type address www.*******
5. Hit GoTo

This worked for me. I hope this helps.

Jon.
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another thing I just remembered, if you haven't done this already, in Menu>>Settings>>Connectivity tab>>Internet settings, under 'Allow local conn.', make sure it says 'Yes'.
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
still nothing, i tried it all thanks guys.

i will have to try cusomer services again and hope i get someone half decent, i'll try data support, if i can.
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Smudge
I thought I had the same problem. Connected to my router with no issues but when I went to access the web via the menu icons it didn't work. It seems that using the icons or shortcut buttons the phone trys to connect using the 2G/3G address which the router does not recognise. Try this when connected to wifi;
1. Hit shortcuts button (bottom left)
2. Scroll across to Internet
3. Scroll down to Enter address
4. Type address www.*******
5. Hit GoTo
This worked for me. I hope this helps.
Jon.

Having had the same problems as the OP. Tried everything else suggested in this thread, nothing. However the above finally worked, not quite as convienient as it could be but at least I now know it works.

Cheers collins1
Message 17 of 17