cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C905 Wi-fi Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a C905 and ive been able to use free wi-fi in wetherspoons via thecloud no problem but on the same day it stopped working (everyone elses wi-fi works there fine btw) my wi-fi at home also wont let me access certain sites o2active, hotmail.com, bluebook, o2.co.uk to actually get into my account I cant sign in and other sites too. Any advice? Ive had the setting resent. Its connecting using O2 Postpay GPRS.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 WAP sites are not visible on other web connections, only via GPRS.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't help with your wifi problem, but just want to explain something. You seem to be getting confused between wifi and GPRS.

The settings you had sent were for the latter, so it won't have any effect on your wifi connection.

When you use wifi you're tapping into a broadband connection, from whatever provider (your home router or hotspots, such as The Cloud).

When you connect via GPRS / HSDPA you are using o2's data network.

So it's the wifi connection you should be looking at (see your phone manual and that of your router).

SV
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you might go back to factory setting and see if that helps. I understand what you mean about the differences now thanks.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a similar problem with my C905. having connected regularly at home via my home wifi one day it suddenly stopped working. on ringing customer services I was given all manner of answers-none of which were true eg needed new settings downloading, problem with my home router to even being told that I should never have been able to connect for free at home. When the handset stopped working due to another fault I sent it back and the replacement one worked fine so I think it must have had a fault connecting to Wifi. good luck in getting an answer though cos I pulled my hair out trying to get any sense.
Message 5 of 5