Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing monthly cost down!

Carl414
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Samsung S8+ has been available for an upgrade for the last 12 months, but I'm not wanting to upgrade at this time due to financial uncertainty with work during these unprecedented times (COVID-19).

I'm currently paying £46.90 per month. 

This is very high considering I paid the phone off long ago and I'm essentially just paying for their cellular service. In the past, I have this my monthly bill considerably reduced when my contract is up, but I'm not wanting to upgrade.

I tried calling the 202 from my phone but the purpose of the call didn't fit into the priority reasons, so I was diverted to the site via the switchboard.

I'm not happy that I've been paying nearly £47 p/m for the last year, which realistically would have been the same cost as an upgrade (paying off the new phone).

Can someone assist?

Many thanks in advance.

(O2 customer since 2007.)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Your best bet is to upgrade to a sim only deal.
You can choose either 30 day, 12 month or 18 month with a variety of data amounts.
As to the last 12 months, unfortunately there is not a great we (other customers) can do other than to suggest that you discuss this with o2 when (if) things get back to normal...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Carl414 

Login to your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and "upgrade" to a sim only tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23046 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Carl414 This is not O2. This is a customer community. We cannot assist with account issues. You can look at the site for sim only deals which will be far lower than what you're currently paying. You can probably switch yourself, but to be honest, there appear to be intermittent problems with the O2 site, and there are probably a staff shortages because of the current situation. If things go awry for you while you're switching you might not be able to get it sorted, so it might be best to just sit tight for another month, and wait until things try to get back to some semblance of normality.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Carl414
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your response, after a bit of digging around the O2 website; I've found the SIM-only options.

Message 5 of 5