• 309 Solutions
20 REPLIES 20

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Phew. Normally is though.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 21

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yeah, I'm a bit confused by that, but Boris bottled it after getting shafted by his sidekick, practically gifting the pm job to May.
It was a funny year tbh.
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m sick of the country being held to random, Let’s just leave without a deal.. and wing it..

I’m sure once we’re back on our feet, other countries will do the same & the EU will be no more!
Message 13 of 21

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

No one knew and no one cared ~ I believe it was a power game ~ as my old granny would say

it'll all end in tears cry

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 14 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Well  reports suggest it's a 95% done deal. Waiting at the departure gate.....

Message 15 of 21

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @jonsie

departure gate sounds very dignified ~ I have a terrible feeling it's jumping off the cliff lemming styleGood Idea

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
I voted remain, after watching the EUs behaviour towards us after this vote, I wouldn't vote the same way now.

I feel voters were lied to, by both sides, and that the remainer scaremongering has now reached the levels of the Y2K bug.

I voted Remain ... it was a no-brainer for me ... I didn't listen to / watch / read anything about it ... I went with my gut-feeling mainly based on economics ... I didn't forsee The Irish Border circumstances & I don't want a hard border there 

I'm sick of talk of Brexit

Sack all of the politicians in parliament, without any compensation ... & ... let's have a fresh start Drum

Message 17 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

A lot of sense there @AnonymousI too am sick of all the talk. Just do it and let it be! After all, we could always apply to join again in another few years Confused

Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I voted remain purely on the basis that a lot of businesses have trading relationships with other companies on the continent which are likely to be thrown into disarray by this.

The whole taking back control thing really isn't worth it if it leads to mass unemployment and us being completely reliant on trade with questionable reigmes.

It should have been about facts, not the popularity contest it turned into.

What will happen will happen now and we'll just have to deal with it

Getting back to the subject of the thread I had hoped Telefonica were going to float O2 a couple of years back as had a stocks and shares ISA then and would have probably bought some shares.

I've swapped it now for a shares and gilts one as managing your own share portfolio takes a lot of time and with how busy I am at work these days I just can't do it now.

I suspect Telefonica are concerned about whether they'll achieve the IPO valuation they want at the moment from both the exchange rate point of view but also the market appetite for IPOs (remember the last high profile one was Aston Martin Lagonda and that has been on a downward trend consistently at the time of writing from it's IPO)

Message 19 of 21

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Gone off "investing" with shares. All they are now is a means to raise money to pay off debt and incur more debt rather than invest in themselves. Thats usually hidden in the prospectus and you need to look at the written statements and judge if they match the figures. Which even with careful reading, there is info you are not privvy too. Personally I'm thinking, its bad timing for Aston Martin to float in my opinion, its a luxury car manufacturer that is about to discover the downturn in the global automotive market will affect them severely and I'd expect the share price to drop considerably.
Message 20 of 21