cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluebook problems, when does it go past a joke?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I've been having a problem with my o2 Bluebook for a few months now. When I try to log into it it says

Sorry, you no longer have access to this page...

Sorry

The owner of this page has changed the access rights for this page and it is now private.

An previous boyfriend of mine commited suicide at age 19 in December, my Bluebook holds photos of him and messages from him that I have recieved. These are pretty much the only things of him I have left so I hope you can understand why this issue is important to me.

Now. I started inquiring into this in January. It started off OK I spoke to what seemed like a helpful woman, who said she'd email o2 with the above error message and my contact details. She said that a department would be in touch with me within 72 hours. No word from them so I tried again, they resent the email and I was told to wait 72 hours again, which I did and I had still not heard from them.

After 5 calls of exactly the same as above, as well as being told the department all of the advisors were emailing didn't actually deal with bluebook I got through to a helpful gentleman who reconnected my simcard for me (I owe o2 some money from a previous bill but obv still have an account with them), which didn't resolve the issue so he tried other things which also didn't resolve the issue, and of course he sent an email to the help department. Still no word. I have definately been told that my account balance shouldn't affect my bluebook as I can still log into the o2 website and use the other features.

Now after todays phonecall, being the 7th. I am told again they will email the help department. To which I asked to speak to a supervisor, the woman told me she couldn't do this as she cannot do anything other than email this help department.

Am I going to be running round and round in circles waiting 72 hours for absolutely nothing and having to ring up again and go through the same process?

I've been told that A. Other people are having this problem and B. An outside company deals with Bluebook, but they haven't listed a number for o2 employees to contact them on.

I'm sure, this is awful training for the employees. It isn't their fault they don't have a clue about one of their own online services. It's poor training and information from the higher ups.

Does anybody else have this problem, what do you suggest I do? I am so angry! I have been calm and patient enough.

Thanks in advance,

Cara
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Hi Cara,

I have had this problem for over 2 months and like yourself have emailed o2 and rang them and the only 'help' I have had was that they knew about the problem which has affected a 'few' accounts and they were looking into it. My bluebook was fine until I ported my P&G number onto a Simplicity tariff and from then on I receive exactly the same error message as yourself. I believe personally that this affects all who port their number.

Link : viewtopic.php?t=11891&highlight=

This still being investigated?....I think not!!

The reply I got from o2 is as follows :

Sat 2009/01/10 20:49
Hello Stephen
Thanks for emailing us about Bluebook. I'm sorry you're getting an error message while accessing your bluebook account.

We're aware that a small number of our customers are receiving similar messages when trying to access their Bluebook. Our engineers are working to fix this fault.

I appreciate your patience in this matter. For further information on your account and our products please check our website on:

www.o2.co.uk

Important - When you email us please provide: your date of birth, postcode and mobile number as it helps us answer your query faster.

Kind regards
O2 Customer Service

Getting your query right the first time you email us is very important to us. If your query has not been resolved this time, please reply to this email with the words 'Need More Help' in the subject field and we'll deal with your response as a matter of priority.

Telefsnica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX.
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well i'm glad that i'm not the only one that has this problem! How many people will it take to ring up and email before they actualy do anything as a matter of importance? Grr!
Message 3 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Personally I have given up!
I have since opened another Bluebook with another mobile number and then changed the mobile number to my present number. To do this I had to also register for another o2 email account (you can have several).Whilst this works, it is not ideal as I have to sign on with one to access My O2 Account and another to access Bluebook and all the information I had in my original Bluebook did not transfer over. There is a new dent in the wall where I have been banging my head in frustration...quite theraputic in a way!
Good luck with o2 and let me know if you get anywhere with them.
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problems I shall keep you posted! I may be old and grey by that time but hey ho, atleast we found out!
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I actually spoke to you a few days ago, if not then someone has exactly the same problem as you with the messages and the reconnected account!

I'll tell you now what we can't tell you over the phone (!), IMO bluebook is VERY poorly run, hardly no one has any good understanding of bluebook. There is only so much information we are given on it (fault finder) before it comes to the point we need extra help with the matter; we do have a technical helpdesk but they know as little as I do about bluebook.

There is this form that we are told to send off in order for someone to look into bluebook further and sort the problem out. In all honesty I have no clue at all who this form goes to and what they can or can't do about the problem. It also is a huge annoyance for customer service advisors, and obviously customers, when we send off these emails/forms like we are told to do, we are given a time scale (I think in BB case it was 72 hours?) and nothing is done.

If I am correct and it is your case I dealt with before then I would have been the second person to send this off and by the sounds of it obviously nothing has been done.
Smiley Mad

It is true regarding a manager, they wouldn't be able to tell you anything different, and my advice would be to skip the middle man and write in your complaint. It might not get you any further but it's sure worth a try.

I really do hope you get it sorted soon and can get your texts and pictures back.
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all that are having the same trouble as me.

I've just been told by the advisor that this message comes up because they close your account when it is deemed inactive (in my case being my phone being disconnected) and they will wipe all data after 90 days leaving the message of you no longer have access to this page.

T&C's are here

Termination of Services

O2 reserves the right to withdraw the Services at any time provided we give you at least 30 days notice by email or text message to the contact details provided by you to us. It is your responsibility to ensure that the contact details we hold are up to date.

Except as otherwise stated in the O2 Privacy Policy, O2 accepts no liability for the loss of data stored on the Services.

O2 can delete your account on the Services if your account is deemed inactive. An O2 Contacts account is deemed inactive where a customer has not backed up or restored a contact using the Service in the previous 18-month period. A Bluebook account will be held for a minimum of 90 days after you leave O2, as set out in these Terms of Use.

O2 reserves the right to alter this definition of “inactive
Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
T&C's are here

Termination of Services

O2 reserves the right to withdraw the Services at any time provided we give you at least 30 days notice by email or text message to the contact details provided by you to us. It is your responsibility to ensure that the contact details we hold are up to date.

Except as otherwise stated in the O2 Privacy Policy, O2 accepts no liability for the loss of data stored on the Services.

O2 can delete your account on the Services if your account is deemed inactive. An O2 Contacts account is deemed inactive where a customer has not backed up or restored a contact using the Service in the previous 18-month period. A Bluebook account will be held for a minimum of 90 days after you leave O2, as set out in these Terms of Use.

O2 reserves the right to alter this definition of “inactive
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm celebrating today as my 7th call to o2. I'm on my 4th a4 page of complaint and I hope to make it up to 7. Gives them some good old gumf to read. Oh and because of atleast 4 hours worth of phonecalls they have have reinbursed me £20 pounds. Oooh lucky me.

Cara
Message 9 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
£20...consolation prize (not like o2 to give money away!)
I gave up after 4 emails and 2 phone calls because there were only a few photos and messages on there and I had those still on the phone anyway. Not really the point but I get the same benefits from Samsung PC Media so to hell ith them.
Let us know the outcome of your book.. oops I mean your letter of complaint grin
Message 10 of 14