cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bleepplay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anyone else out there who has suddenly found that they're subscribing to Bleepplay? Having phoned them (I'm not sure at what cost) to say that I'm unaware of signing up (and that I wished to be unsubscribed) I was told that I or someone had signed up on 26 July. On holiday in Portugal at that time, with no-one else using my phone, it all seems most unlikely as I have never seen the word Bleepplay on screen. It hasn't been a massive cost (at least as far as I'm currently aware) but if many others, like me, are also unwilling subscribers there must be a high level of profit being made. I feel that network providers should block any app provider which is likely to gain subscribers 'by mistake.'

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Lots of scams around like this.
You need to report the dodgy practice to the regulator
http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

The usual way you subscribe inadvertently is by clicking on link within Facebook or by entering competitions.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Lots of scams around like this.
You need to report the dodgy practice to the regulator
http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3