cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Z10 and O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if anyone here is using this combination of phone and business contract?

I have been using a simple non-smart phone, but have been persuaded that I need to get a smartphone. I bought this (non-current model) Blackberry Z10, and went to an O2 shop to get the sim changed to a smaller size to fit.

I then found that I couldn't send texts. After 2 Chat calls and being referred from one shop to another, it finally transpired that I had been given a contract sim rather than a pay & go one.

Another visit to an O2 store had me change to a contract.

The Z10 has a Blackberry O2 app that appears to be saying that the contract I have doesn't work with the app.

If I go into the business area of O2, the phone seems to automatically sign in (not sure that I actually know what password it is using here), but then says it needs flash player to see my account. The Adobe site says Flash Player is not available for my OS and my browser.

The phone uses QNX rather than Android and is excellent for my needs. I cannot believe that Blackberry, as a supplier of business phones won't work with a business account.

I've not gone back onto the chat support as they didn't diagnose the original problem as the O2 shop's mistake with the sim.

Any guidance from anywhere?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I assume your Z10 has the latest OS version installed with the Amazon App Store as you do not flash support in the native BB OS10 browser.

If so search that store for Dolphin Browser which is an Android browser that says it includes a flash player.

(Dolphin Browser on Amazon App Store)

Otherwise follow this link for an alternative: http://flashplayerblackberry.com/

I'm not a business user so I hope this helps slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Nothing we can suggest I'm afraid - It has been a constant gripe that flash is required for a while now.
In addition to this the My O2 app is only for consumer contracts, not business, so the only way you can view your account is on a PC.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I assume your Z10 has the latest OS version installed with the Amazon App Store as you do not flash support in the native BB OS10 browser.

If so search that store for Dolphin Browser which is an Android browser that says it includes a flash player.

(Dolphin Browser on Amazon App Store)

Otherwise follow this link for an alternative: http://flashplayerblackberry.com/

I'm not a business user so I hope this helps slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, as the conditions of the Amazon App Store appear to say that by registering with them I grant them permission to fire adverts at me, I have installed the straight Play Store on the Z10, including the updated Android runtime that is needed.

I have installed the Dolphin browser and it does get far further than the native browser, but as soon as I select individual areas, I again get the notice about flash player not being supported by the OS.

For the time being at least, I'll just use a laptop to check usage.

Message 4 of 4