Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry WiFi Calling

Blackberry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've been with O2 for years. The signal in my house has never been good - but TUGO made it ok - just about - with my previous devices. No I have a Blackberry KeyOne and the signal is no longer usable. And with TUGO binned - and O2 saying they're not going to add BlackBerry phones to their wifi calling - I'm left with a device that doesn't work at home - and a £380 bill to get out of the contract early. I know how difficult mobile phone companies make it to resolve these kind of issues. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The only offer you're likely to get from O2 is pay up and leave!
Any reason why you stayed with O2 and didn't move when you renewed your contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Blackberry
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 was marginally cheaper and it was easier to stick with them than get a PAC code and go to EE. Plus my previous phone must have had a marginally better antenna. Basically I can't use this phone at home!
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I guess you've had the phone longer than 14 days too?

Try switching to 2g only to see if call signal improves at home.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Blackberry
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes - about 6 months now. Was hoping they'd add BlackBerry to their WiFi calling. EE has. My wife has an iPhone SE on O2 so she's ok because wifi calling sorts out her rubbish signal!
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If 2g doesn't help your best bet would be to buy the phone and go sim only with EE then I guess.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@BlackberryUnfortunately, you made the mistake of sacrificing price for signal strength, which is an error many people make, and usually find out too late that it wasn't worth the savings. Hoping that O2 would do something positive after throwing TuGo under the bus was wishful thinking. Between a rock and a hard place is where you're at.:smileysad:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I hope they sort it out soon though it's a shame you stayed with them in the first place. It's a lot of money to pay off your contract but its either that or months of misery and frustration.

Message 8 of 12

Blackberry
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for all your replies and support. It's good to know that there are like-minded people out there and we're not completely alone against faceless corporations. Powerless - but not alone!
Message 9 of 12

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Just a thought, is there a 14 day cooling off period for re-contracts?

Message 10 of 12