Did you mean: 

Beware

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Marjo @Martin-O2

Had a phonecall this morning from 024 7622 0942 said Coventry so answered.

Foreign guy telling me my 02 contract was up i knew it wasnt but was busy in town shopping so told him sorry i busy.

They rang me back earlier this time foreign guy called Albert didnt catch this morning's guy name.

So told him if i wanted to continue with 02 i would phone 02 he then tells me he was 02 so i told him that number and him are going to be reported hung up and blocked. slight_smile 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
You did the best thing by hanging up on them
Message 2 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Hmm wonder if the capita bunch up Binley now dealing with o2 contact service?
Message 3 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Though probably not, as it's a released number that was linked to London road..
Message 4 of 13

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Well, looks like several of our community members live in these places, or work there, as I got this list from

https://who-calls.me.uk/phone/02476220942

Calls started on June 7th, 2019.

This number was searched from Sutton, Londonderry, Bingley, Belfast, Chelmsford, Stockport, Whitstable, Kidbrooke, Lambeth, Bradford, Gateshead.

Oopsadaisy. hugging Still, whoever is calling from this nunber sounds like they should be blocked... Well done @Poppysmum 

Message 5 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

02476 is a Coventry/Nuneaton prefix, as I have it on my landline. The remaining digits starting with 2 are suspicious though as they don't usually start as low as that.

In fact I dialled it from my landline and got the message " Sorry the number you have dialed doesn't exist'!!

Who calls me reports many people saying the same as you @Poppysmum 

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/02476220942

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 13

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Just wrote a long reply for it to ask me to sign in when i pressed post 

Message 7 of 13

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Thank you everyone especially @Cleoriff 

I dont have a landline and no way was i ringing number on my mobile.

Makes me mad when they insisted they are 02 vunerable people could be caught out and go ahead with a new contract rage

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ridiculously easy to spoof Calling Line Identification if you are using VoIP and just like the 'technical support' crowd that ring and try and convince people to let them take remote control and empty the victim's bank account these scum have absolutely no conscience

Message 9 of 13

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ridiculously easy to spoof Calling Line Identification if you are using VoIP and just like the 'technical support' crowd that ring and try and convince people to let them take remote control and empty the victim's bank account these scum have absolutely no conscience

Ridiculously easy, yes @Anonymous - but the practice still contravenes some telecommunication act somewhere...

I remember picking channels out of an ISDN30 trunk and making calls out, testing what came back in when we had a PABX in our building (and also later when we were moving to VOIP, as some incoming calls had "weird" characters in them that confused the VOIP Call Manager no end at times!).

Not my line any more, thankfully LOL

Message 10 of 13