cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware if you travel to Croatia - O2 will over charge you

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just returned from Croatia which joined the EU on the 1st July.  On arrival I received a text from O2 telling me that now it is part of the EU we benefit from the new low prices on data and calls.... great news!

Except for the entire duration of my trip I was charged as if I was connected to a network in Bosnia (the neighbouring country) which borders the entire length of Croatia.  I therefore got a really nasty shock when I got my bill.  10 days after explaining to O2 the geography of Europe, they have credited my bill as a gesture of goodwill. 

O2... I think not, you over charged me... you also overcharged all three other members of my party on O2 too.  So all users who go to Croatia, beware, you are likely to be overcharged!!

Because Croatia is bordered by Bosnia, they have no way of ensuring you are not connected to a Bosnian network.  They have been very dismissive of my feedback... like its clearly my fault!

Beware.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The only way to be sure is to change network settings from auto to manual so you can ensure you select a Croatian network. Auto selection will latch on to the strongest network which could well be Bosnia due to the geological nature of Croatia.

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The only way to be sure is to change network settings from auto to manual so you can ensure you select a Croatian network. Auto selection will latch on to the strongest network which could well be Bosnia due to the geological nature of Croatia.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good news that you got the refund only right really in my eyes
Message 3 of 3