Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Charged too much post contract

MrGraham
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I thought I would share my opinion on 02's post contract view of their customers as far as I have been treated.

My phone and sim contract reached the end of the contract. I was paying around £45 per month for 5GB data and and iphone 6s plus. I received a phone call from 02 to upgrade as my contract was to expire. I was at work at the time and wasn't paying much attention (my fault), I didn't want to pick a new phone over the phone so I told the sales rep to put me on a sim only with a little more data. He picked an 8GB plan which I agreed to and put me on a monthly rolling contract. I left it at that. I haven't really checked how good the plan was until recently, to my suprise I was paying £32 a month for 8GB you can get 45GB for less than that amount. Are 02 taking the *bleep* with customers who either don't want to upgrade their phone or said they will at a later date. 

This surely is classed as stealing as 02 themselves do much better sim only contracts. They do 40gb for £25 currently.

So why was I placed on a terrible contract? After being with 02 the better part of my mobile life almost 10 years now surely they should be looking after their loyal customers rather than taking advantage....

Thanks

Graham

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Rolling 30 day contracts aren't good value when compared to 12 month ones, but if you are planning on upgrading anyway just switch to a 12 month one as you can upgrade to refresh at anytime you like.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@MrGraham Very poor business practice on the part of the O2 rep, but as you said, you weren't giving it your full attention, so you'll have to share the responsibility.
We always suggest that people never agree to anything from a cold call, even if they're from O2. Switching tariffs requires complete attention, as it can affect what you pay for years. You're only on a monthly rolling at the moment, so it can be corrected easily without it costing too much.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

MrGraham
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, I am all to aware that I take all the blame in this transaction as I agreed to the contract.
My frustration is the quality of the contract that I was offered.
Message 4 of 6

MrGraham
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I am all to aware that I take all the blame in this transaction as I agreed to the contract.
My frustration is the quality of the contract that I was offered. 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Now you know better, just change tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6