Did you mean: 

Batteries

JimmyGS2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Forgive me if this ends up into a rant.

My Galaxy S2 has started to behave oddly. I could be on the net with it, then put it to sleep and place it on the table. So many minutes later i can not wake it up. I take out the battery, put it back in and on it comes but with, and sometimes, a massive drop in power with a sharp vertical line on the battery usage graph.

I spoke to one of the 02 chat people who advised to get a new battery. So heres my beef. You can not buy a galaxy s2 from a) any 02 store, b) carphonewarehouse. You can buy them at indipendant stores but you will find the price to way higher than 02's £19.99.

So instead of being able to sort the problem quickly, before the phone decides it wont work at all, i have to wait up to 5 days to get one delivered from the 02 online store.

Sorry again but its really wound me up.

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

JimmyGS2
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update.. i put ZEDGE back on to get a ringtone and an hour or so later boom the phone wouldnt respond and it restarted...hmmm a connection perhaps.
Message 51 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144346 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You're on the right tracks.... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 52 of 59

JimmyGS2
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So whats the next move?
Message 53 of 59

MI5
  • 144346 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Just add the apps one at a time until you find one that's playing up then delete it. You could email the app dev (details will be on play) to tell them that their app is causing you conflicts. If they are at all concerned they will get back to you and may well change something in the app to help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 54 of 59

JimmyGS2
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I may do that or just wait for my upgrade in April.
Message 55 of 59

JimmyGS2
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update. Without ZEDGE on my phone and running all my other apps that i normally use the phone has not had a single glitch, crash, lag or whatever. In fact its battery life has improved.

For example. I charged it up, finishing charge at 02:32am on 29th September it still has 37% battery power left as of 30th September 21:19. (1 day 18 hours and about 46 minutes)

My apps now are: My O2, Whatsapp, Battery Widget, Photobucket, Picassa Web, O2 Priority Moments, Adobe Reader, ITV Player, Amazon MP3, Flashlight, Facebook and TV Guide. So far no issues to report. 

Message 56 of 59

MI5
  • 144346 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
We could have got here on the first page of this thread wink

Currently using:
Message 57 of 59

JimmyGS2
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Possibly. But 02 assumed it was the battery.
Message 58 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JimmyGS2 wrote:
Possibly. But 02 assumed it was the battery.

Well to be honest it's not 'possibly' but definitely. Expert user advice here at the very beginning was that it was most likely a problem caused by an existing App, and additionally the advice was don't listen to o2 support people since they work from scripts and not any actual knowledge of the phone. This is a good learning experience for you if you choose to take it.

Good luck

Message 59 of 59