Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad to worse

woodmj
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 54 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So O2 were carrying out a 'network upgrade' in my area the past few days & so service has been hit & miss but then they apparently completed the work & everything was running great. I beg to differ. As far as I can see all they've done is decommission the mast I was getting reasonable service from (3-4 bars 4G) & so all's that's left for me now are the odd 0-1 bars of distant 4G cutting in & out. Great job O2 😞
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If o2 are doing an upgrade there will be downtime between the removal and new mast etc 

Download the o2 network app to keep updated 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@woodmj You can download the My Network app and report the issue there: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network#download
Alternatively, you can get Pay & Go sims from the other networks, find out which one gives you the best coverage, and switch providers. No point staying with O2 if you don't get a good signal where you need it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

woodmj
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 54 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah I would walk if on PAYG but I'm only a few months into a 2 year contract.

They said they had completed work when I posted this afternoon but after reporting what I found shortly after the status went back to 'upgrading'

Something has to have gone wrong somewhere. I can't see why O2 would want to mostly kill off their service in an area. At least I hope.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If they’ve finished the work. Have you tried rebooting the phone to see if that changes anything?
Message 5 of 6

mcp1988
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Been having the same issues from the end of october, they kept saying it was mast issues and engineers are working on it. But it still isnt working, now theyre saying its because i live near an airport. Have lived near an airport for years never had these issues.
Message 6 of 6