cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atrocious service from UKmail

Anonymous
Not applicable
After reading a few blogs (some of which are on here) I can confirm that it's not just a case of being unlucky when it regards delivery problems with ukmail.

Here's how my day has been, it seems many others are having similar days thanks to o2 using a delivery service substandard to yodel,
- a delivery service who does not provide the advertised services, and who lies to customers.

At around 9 this morning I received a text stating that my order would be delivered between 12:31 and 13:31 (not should be, would be. ) That time came and passed with nothing at my door and no calls. I checked the tracking number and it had been out for delivery since 6am. At ten to two I call ukmail, who assure me the device will be at my house soon, and tell me they will contact the depot and call me back. Not best impressed considering the wording of the text, but that's fine.

Multiple hours pass, it's now half past five. I call up O2, who contact ukmail on my behalf. Ukmail assure o2 (who in turn assures me) that the device will be at my house by 6pm. 6pm comes and goes, still nothing. I call ukmail again and explain the situation. He then explains to me that the driver hadn't even bothered to attempt the delivery, and that the
device was back at the depot as of 20 minutes ago. He then also tells me that they got a reply from the depot 20 minutes after I originally called. Did they call me like they said? Nope.
He explains that he's shocked that the subcontracted driver didn't even attempt delivery as he would not have got paid. I was under the impression that o2 pay for ukmail employees and vans to deliver brand new devices, not subcontractors. Anyway he is explains to me that he can upgrade me to Saturday delivery, and assures me that it will be at my address tomorrow. After the call I check the tracking again only to see that it has been marked as delayed (common practice for ukmail) and that it is expected to be delivered on Monday. I call o2, after explaining she says '' right, let's see what story they've spun this time'' and calls them. After about half an hour she comes back and says that it can't be delivered on Saturday because of '' some construction work going on somewhere'' (what a load of c**p).

So basically I was supposed to get my device today, I spent all day on the phone or looking out of the windows. I missed out on work and lost money. I got lied to over and over again, and my 10.5'' tab was bouncing around some subcontractors boot for 12 hours. I'm appalled by the '' service '' iv recieved so far, and even more appalled to find that this is happening on a regular occasion to o2 customers. O2 clearly know the substandard quality of the ukmail '' service.'' Why are they still using them?? After everything I've read and heard today it's clear that ukmail simply cannot be trusted to deliver devices to customer on time. I don't think it's even going to arrive on Monday. My contract started today, meaning more time on the phone rectifying other people's mistakes and losing out on work. This has caused so much stress that if my device hasn't arrived by Monday, I'm cancelling the contract. Being lied to over and over again makes you feel like a substandard civilian, and this has genuinely ruined my day!

Can anyone shed any light in why this keeps happening to customers and o2 do nothing about it? Like I've said I get better service from yodel.
Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

backclock

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 32 of 61

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Is this the watch...or an unexpected delivery of the Note 4?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 61

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Watch in matching bronze.....
No black in stock wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 61

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
My delivery by UKMail is due between 13.15 and 14.15 today, so we'll see if it turns up or not......

15 minutes and counting...tick tock tick tock....or has it arrived?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 61

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

15 mins.png

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 61

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

courier

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 38 of 61

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
T+ 18 mins...... tick, tock.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 61

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions