cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any good phone retailers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract has expired and I have been looking for a new phone contract. The only retailers I could find are Carphone Warehouse (too expensive), mobiles.co.uk (bad reviews) and mobilephonesdirect.co.uk (probably would go with that one). I want to get an iPhone 6s or 7. Do you know of any better retailers with good prices?

Thank you in advance slight_smile

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
I had a cashback deal with them on my last phone.
No problems so long as i put the bills in on time. Just upload and they confirm all is ok then you get a cheque a week or so later...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 21 of 24

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35745 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
I had a cashback deal with them on my last phone.
No problems so long as i put the bills in on time. Just upload and they confirm all is ok then you get a cheque a week or so later...

Looks like a good deal, @gmarkj - hopefully O2 billing catches up with it tomorrow morning and I will be able to see it all in MyO2 by the time the phone gets here...  Last cashback offer I had was on an HTC One mini from Phones4U, it paid back a lump sum 3 months into the contract - and worked as expected.

This one has a schedule for claims at 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 months - hopefully it all goes smoothly.  And O2's View and Download Bills section is working reliably!

20**Personal info** 21_07_28-Best OnePlus 6T 8GB RAM Pay Monthly Contract & SIM Free Deals _ Mobile Phones Di.png

Message 22 of 24

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
You will have the overlap month, and transfer your number over to close your old contract.
They give you a couple of weeks to submit it, but you don't get any reminders from them. So set up some reminders now!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 23 of 24

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35745 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions
This was done as an upgrade, so my hope is the old Airtime will stop and a part refund for that shows up, and the new tariff will start - no intervention required from me, as staying with O2. We shall see. Thanks for the note on the reminders, @gmarkj.
Message 24 of 24