cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Network Access

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Nokia 6230i on Pay As You Go.
I have a couple of applications on my phone that need to access the network to download information. Whenever I open the application it asks me:
"Allow network access?" I click "Yes" then I get a message telling me that the application needs a data connection and to check my signal.
I do not have any problems connecting to the web either by the "Web" menu or by holding down the "0" key. I can send and receive multimedia and service messages.
Does anyone have any idea what my problem could be ?
Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to tell the phone which connection to use for Java applications. Do this under Settings>Configuration. Making sure you chose an APN that allows internet access.

Then in Gallery, highlight the program, press Options and then give the application permission to access the network.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my Settings>Configuration menu, I only have "Prepay". This has been selected as default and activated. I have set the applications to allow access. I can connect to the Internet when I press and hold the "0" key but not through the Java Applications.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Using the built-in browser is irrelevant.

What do you have in configurations under Preferred Access Point?
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
In Configuration>Preferred access point I have O2 Streaming. I think I downloaded that from Nokia.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's your problem then. Delete your settings, get them sent again from the O2 Website (or send the word ACTIVE to 20202) and make sure you use the "Act. Def. In all apps" menu option.
Message 6 of 6